Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A mixed day.
Wanted to take Sparky on the Weber for a little gun training and fishing. Got there, took out my 22 pistol, walked out into the fields, thru the dummy, and went to shoot the pistol. Click, nothing. Was able to shot about 1 out of 4 rounds with absolutely no timing with my throwing. Discusted, but Sparky seemed ok with it. Decided to go back to the truck and get my shotgun and do a little jump shooting for ducks with Sparky tied off remotely to make sure I don't do the gun training too quick but give him some retrieving training. Guess what, the gun case had my deer rifle in it instead of the shotgun. Now I'm really discusted!!!! Alltimers? Well, decided to do a little fishing in some spots that were still open (river froose up, up here). Fished for about 2 hrs., and caught several browns, rainbow (planters), and whites. At least this turned out good. Caught a 16 and a 19 in. brown that were beautifully marked. Well, I know where they are so I can try again for them after they get even bigger if no one else gets em.

[crazy]Leaky
Boy its nice to know I'm not the only one who does stuff like that! It turned out to be a good day anyway, in spite of the set backs. I see that you're getting Sparky out regularly aand his traing is progressing. Are you going to post some pics of the browns you caught?
[signature]