Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carolina Skiff 19 DLX Review
I purchased a new Carolina Skiff 19 DLX a few weeks ago, and wanted to post up a review for anyone looking for a boat that has a near shore ocean capability, and also can get into very skinny water inshore or on lakes and rivers.

The boat is 19 feet long, and has about a 7 foot beam. My boat came with a 75 HP Honda 4 stroke, and it pushes the boat very nicely at close to 40 MPH with a light load. Fully loaded down with 3 adults, gear, ice, etc.. it cruises nicely at 35.

I'm getting on average in excess of 6 MPG with the boat, and it jumps on plane with no effort. Tabs are not needed on this boat as a result. I took it out in the ocean to a nearshore reef over the weekend, and it handled very nicely in the morning slop. I had to really pay attention behind the helm, and work the throttle, but I pushed out in 2-3 foot seas with close intervals, and kept all my fillings in tact. I was making 12-15 knots in the slop too, which isn't bad for a flat bottom boat.

To my surprise, the boat doesn't have the slide during turns that I thought it would. It sticks nicely to the water, and handles great. It also drafts really skinny, making it a nice boat for river fishing, or hitting the inlets for redfish and flounder.

I fished a local lake recently in the boat, and worked the bream beds in less than a foot of water. I made a push pole out of a dow rod, picked the motor up, and pushed through the shallows with ease. Really nice to have such a versitle boat that can handle rougher water, and then can run skinny with the best of them.

If you are looking for a boat that can do it all, the buck stop here.
[signature]
Hey Bryan sounds like a nice boat, you got any pics of it?
[signature]
I sure do. Lets see if this works..............

boat.jpg
[inline boat.jpg]

boat2.jpg
[inline boat2.jpg]
[signature]
This is so aggravating. I'm not able to post up pictures with Chrome. [Sad]
[signature]
Nice looking boat. Have you tried posting the pics in the Photo Gallery?
[signature]
Nice boat and glad it handles well. Tom C has been chafing at the bit for a skiff like that. Enjoy.
[signature]
sweet ride.someday i will get one.lol
[signature]
I normally do, but haven't figured out how to get them to upload. I followed the instructions on the moderator board, but notta. I guess this website just does't like Chrome. Thanks to who ever got my pics up for me. much appreciated.
[signature]
Glad I could help, when someone does an edit to your post, it tells you who did it, at the bottom of the post.
Did Chrome come with you computer? If not and you down loaded it, you should be able to go back to your old browers when you log on to BFT.
[signature]
Thanks man. [Wink]
[signature]