Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England Tackle Shop
What are the best stores in New England to purchase a new rod and reel at (for freshwater fishing....likely a baitcaster)? My online searches have turned up only the Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro and chain stores like Dick's and (dare I say) Wal-Mart. I know there must be independently owned stores in New England that have great rod and reel selections. Anyone know of any? Thanks.
[signature]
what kind of fishing are you about to do?

we need more information to help you buy gear...

Just sayin'...
[signature]
[quote cstein67]What are the best stores in New England to purchase a new rod and reel at? My online searches have turned up only the Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro and chain stores like Dick's and (dare I say) Wal-Mart. I know there must be independently owned stores in New England that have great rod and reel selections. Anyone know of any? Thanks.[/quote]

You seem to be northeast so I will just say this..

Dont waste alot of money on high end gear..

Buy something combo that is under 50 bucks and that's probably good gear now days... we are living in the future .. most fishing gear is good..

spend most of your money on line .. fishing line is where you need to focus...

buy good fishing line. the gear bleh... just buy some good spinning gear.

If you are new you don't want to buy baitcaster reels

go with spinning reels...

but now days really all are good.. buy the cheapest one and then spend your money on good LINE....

good fishing line is what you need to know.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. Freshwater fishing. I am looking to buy a baitcasting rod and reel and want to find the store that will have the best selection.
[signature]