Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry River
Hello everyone! First time poster, long time reader here. I wanted to see if my new friends can give me information on where to go on the Berry River. I know you can go below the dam as well as I believe you can go north of the dam across the road there is a turn off for Straberry river that is a dirt road. I didn't know if that is very good for fishing, or if I should stick to below the dam. If you could let me know what your experience is that would be great. I may go camping up there next week and wanted to get the 411.

Thanks and keep up the great posts!
Quocker
[signature]
Check the proclamation, most strawberry resevoir tribs are closed for cutt spawn for about 2 more weeks. Fishing when open is mostly smaller trout. Maybe an occasional 12-16 incher especially in beaver dams. Once in a great while you can still find cutts into the mid 20s right before or after the spawning closure. They hit small midges nymphs then scream downstream in a couple CFS of water. If you don't want to bother the rare spawners present when open for fishing they seem to ignore all flies but 18-22 midge nymphs. C&R only I believe. Again check the proclamation but probable need to fish below if going soon.
[signature]