Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing report central east side
Ed of the M-65 Bait Shop said that some good whitefish fishing is taking place in Tawas.
There is also some steelhead as well as a few browns being caught at Singing Bridge. And perch fishing has been good in the AuGres area with fish running about 8 to 9 inches.
Ed gets some of his plastic containers from me . it's always nice stopping in
there for a chat .

Tawas reports that whitefish has been good in the Tawas area and that some nice browns and steelies have been caught in the Tawas River and around the mouth.

The Dam Store at Footesite Villiage reports that fishermen were doing very well on steelhead below the dam and that some were catching lake trout down the river . check out the stack of photo's on the counter for the week's harvest .

Bobby Brown of Wellman's in Oscoda reports whitefish , menominee and steelhead has been good at the mouth and into the lower part of the AuSable River. i forgot to ask him how his bear hunt went this year .Bob also dose some guide service for his pals ,free , just because he likes them . talk about a good sportsman .
[signature]
i'm heading over to the east side of the mit in the a.m. for some winter steelies . i've had my fill ( at least for one day ) of looking for "bullWinkle ".

i canned my old waders and it's too far to run to cabella's for a set of new waders , so i'm hoping i don't have to go further than the bank to land a bullet or two .

if i do , then you guy's better get used to the guy with smirf feet ! lol !

get ready to rumble fish , i'm coming to rock your world , yeeee haaaaa !
[signature]
fished from just after dawn till dusk , fery few people out , at times i had the whole thing to myself .
first came the steelie , not a shabby fish either . then two small rainbows and a couple walleye . i then helped a young lass (8 years old ) land her first steelie ,34" !!!!
i then cought a mystery fish , it kept be busy and warm with with the adrelin rush !!!!!! what a fish , it shook loose thou , but what a fantastic fighter it was .
[signature]
the local fishing reports have the "hot" fishing just below the dams . fireman dave reports that his buddy was fishing below ross lake dam in beaverton using a bobber , treble hook , and a chub minnow to get some keeper muskey and pike .

these fish are being reported at a lot of the other local dams as well , this feeding period should last untill solid ice in january .

make sure that the area you fish in is not concidered a closed area due to the trout stream statis of the flow .
[signature]