Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chevron Canyon Lake
Well I am not going to be a cop. [unsure]

I did have a great trip to Chevron Canyon Though.[laugh]

Equipment used :

Red ball waders, a must in the low temps.

Berkley four pound Vanish flourocarbon, seemed to get brittle early in the morning hours but as it warmed up a great line low stretch and low visibility.

Renegade polorized glasses $11.50 at walmart, forgot my main pair in car.

G-Loomis SJR 782 / 6'6" Medium Fast Action GL2 Spin Rod.

Shimano Spirex 2000 Reel.

Rooster Tail 1/6 ounce spinners, gold blades only. Number one color pattern 1/2 brown with black spots 1/2 white body brown tail.

I got a three pound brown, photo will be posted as soon as developed. A few other fish ranging from six to fourteen inches.

Ran into a few shore fisherman using power bait had a seventeen inch rainbow in two hours. Also saw one brave float tuber. I do not think he ended up in the water. Gail force wind gusts, rain, snow and hail throughout the morning.

Also fished Tempe town lake three times nothing. Then tried McKellops and got three small bass. Then Decided to head down to the Research park by the 101 and elliot. Stopped and picked up some Vanilla extrct and a tube of biscuits. Hooked into two huge carp that eventually snapped my line. Also hooked up four small bass on green weenies drop shot style.
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Hey, Eric, sorry you didn't make the grade. Would have been nice having you for a neighbor.[/size]

[size 2]Sounds like a good trip to the high country. Too bad about the weather. We have been having some wierd stuff this fall. No real water but a lot of wind.[/size]

[size 2]That Research Park is just right around the block from where I live in Chandler, off Warner and 101. I have heard there is decent fishing in those little lakes but have never tried it. Haven't fished Tempe Town Lake either, but TubeN2 and his son spent quite a bit of time over there during the Thanksgiving week. They got a lot of hatchery pets but nothing else.[/size]
[signature]
Yea the locals told us that green Power Bait would work all day and all night but didn't get a thing. Once we switched to a white zebra striped rooster tail, that was all it took. Others there weren't catching anything and they were going through lots of colors of power bait.

We had a good time anyway.
[signature]
Hey even though the cops don't want me I think I may be back out their anyway. as to the research park the fishing is slow but can pay off. The main lake has a waterfall at each end giving the water a good amount of oxygen. There were schools of shad located there. I did not have my bass gear had to scrounge up spare items from my brother in law. Small bass spinners usually did well. The fish are very spooky, so keep back from the shore much like fishing trout in a shallow stream.

I used to live off of Ray and Rural. Across from the elementary school.
[signature]