Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just fished the low provo
I just fished the lower provo and Vivian park yesterday. The river was full of tubers and people fishing so I just up and left, but I did fish Vivian park and i met some guy up there who new a lot about the sport of fly fishing and talked to him for 20 min or so and he gave me some flys that he said that should work, but didn't. So I fished for 2 hours with out a hit so I got desperate and tied on a egg pattern thinking it would look like the pelits they feed them and what do you no I started picking them up it was a blast but they were all less then 8 inches. Sorry no pics but I did get a new rod yesterday and here is a pic of it
[signature]
It's a proven fact, TAN glow bugs work as pellets, LOL
Great job. Hope you like the rod.
[signature]
Nice fly rod, got a few Redintons myself ( Voyant, RS4, & CPX ) Vivian Parks gets allot of presure especially this time of the year. Allot of the Whitewater Rafting outfits are stationed there plus theres allot people cooling off by swimming and floating with just about anything that floats. Its what we call the "Rubber Hatch". Lots of nice eye candy though [Wink]

If your in that area its best to drive down the road to Charleston, there a DWR fishing spot and no Rubber Hatch.
[signature]
I hate them dam tuber and the garbage up there I seen beer cans in the pond! And bags by the riverside!
[signature]
8" fish huh.......I guess you could have gone with a 2 wt.[:p] Why are you fishing Vivian Park? Head up the canyon towards the dam, lots of good spots up higher. Just my .02, but I don't fish the lower in the summer so maybe I don't know.
[signature]
There was people all over should have gone sooner
[signature]