Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice at STRAWBERRY?????
LOTS OF FOLKS TRAVELING "OVER THE RIVER AND THREW THE WOODS" THIS WEEKEND. IM WONDERING IF ANYONE NOTICED ANY ICE YET AT THE "BERRY"

ITS GOT TO BE CLOSE

WE WENT AS A FAMILY ABOVE WOODLAND THIS MORNING AND CUT THE FAMILY CHRISTMAS TREE LOTS OF SNOW / MORE SNOW CUTTING TREES THIS YEAR THAN IN MEMORABLE HISTORY. WE SAW LOTS OF ANIMALS TODAY ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHEN THE WILD LIFE WAS OUT. WE SAW A GOLDEN EAGLE OFF THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT HAD JUST NAILED A SNOWSHOE RABBIT (RABBIT FUZ WAS STILL FLOATING IN THE AIR) IT TRIED TO FLY OFF WITH ITS CATCH IN ITS TALLONS BUT COULD NOT. WE SAW A RUTTIN 4 POINT BUCK TRYING TO KEEP 4 DOES IN ITS GRASP ALSO. 4 MOOSE, 2 BY JORDENELL, 1 STUCK IN A CATTLEGUARD JUST ABOVE WOODLAND (FISH AND GAME WERE CALLED) AND ONE MOOSE WHO HAD A RUN-IN WITH A AUTO RIGHT ON TOP OF PARLEYS CANYON.

FUN DAY FOR ALL WHAT MEMORIES THE KIDS WILL HAVE..

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL JRS4X4
The ice is a few feet out from the shore line but no where near freezing over. We drove by Strawberry today on our way over to do some elk hunting by Moon lake. There were a few fishermen fishing by the ladders and in one area the ice was 40 yards out from the shore but I would say the freeze over is still a ways off. WH2
[signature]
WH2 did you happen to see mud creek? or the soldier creek arm?

usually those two areas are walkable when the rest of the lake is open.
[signature]
No, we did not see mud creek and I did not pay any attention to the soldier creek side, I'll ask wiperslayer if he remembers what the Soldier creek side looked. WH2
[signature]
Its nice to hear about the moose, but not getting hit or stuck in something. Moose are my favorite animal thats why my handle is "Flyfishingmoose"
[signature]
I forgot to ask about this part of your post"WE SAW A RUTTIN 4 POINT BUCK TRYING TO KEEP 4 DOES IN ITS GRASP ALSO"
I always thought mule deer rut around the first week in November, do you think they were in a late rut or a second rut? WH2
[signature]
IM REALLY NOT SURE ... BUT IM SURE THIS NICE 4 POINT WAS ONLY WORRIED ABOUT THE 4 DOES AROUND HIM 1 OF THE DOES LOOKED LIKE A YEARLING OF ONE OF THE BIGGER DOES AND HAD NO INTREST IN WHAT WAS GOING ON, SHE KEPT THE BUCK BUSY TRYING TO KEEP HER IN THE SAME AREA AS THE REST OF THE GROUP. IT WAS FUN TO WATCH THEM JUST DO WHAT THEY DO...........

JRS4X4