Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally … A Flaming Gorge Mac!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4]Yea, it’s been a long dry spell since I have boated my own Gorge mac.

A couple weeks ago I took my wife up to the Gorge for her first mac. Didn’t happen. We got our share of bites but just couldn’t keep em on. Lots of time and effort goes into a trip so it’s a real bummer when we get blanked like that.

I returned a couple days later to fish with N.E.T.O (Randy) and his two friends Aaron and John. We all got bites Friday morning but Saturday we got blanked again. I would stop doing that jig fishing gig for those macs if it weren’t for the fact that, every once in a while, a miracle happens and you hook up with one of the biggest fish of your life. So I keep going back.

Randy and I each caught 19 lb. macs. What was REALLY strange about both of those boys is that we SNAGGED them both! I could hardly believe it when what felt like a 30 lb fish turned out to be a snagged 19 lb.! The “bite” felt very "normal" but they came in snagged. And only about 20 minutes apart. Very surprising and quite embarrassing for both of us. Randy didn’t even want a picture taken with his snagged fish. I don’t blame him. I was feeling the same stuff. But then again, I’m more vein than most, so I had a photo of mine:
[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4][inline 19-lb-444.gif][/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4]30 minutes later, I was leaning way over to look at the sonar when a 30 pounder bit my tube. With a lucky one-hand set, I was finally breaking my dry spell.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4][/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 4][inline 30-lb-444.gif]

I must admit, even on the slow days, that Gorge fishing is pretty awesome. Especially when I can share it with folks like my wife, Randy, Aaron, and John.

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78DljylLqY&feature=share&list=UUlMNhsfNd_MgK61FSoQeyIw"]Click here[/url] if you would like to watch a little YouTube video of the catch out on [url "http://www.youtube.com/user/ThatsOneWay"]my channel[/url].

Sorry about the late post but I have been supper busy and my computer was in the shop for a week.

[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
Nice! I love it!
[fishon]
[signature]
Way to go Ralph, persistence pays off!
[signature]
That's some nice fish. Congrats.
Never fished the Gorge but some day I'll make it there.
[signature]
Nice work! What a great report. Thanks for posting it up.
[signature]
Nice, Looks like it was worth the extra effort. By the way, I embeded your video in your post for you. Did you have any problems getting too close to any other fishermen this year[Wink].
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Did you have any problems getting too close to any other fishermen this year[Wink].[/quote]

LOL ... Here Curt, "imbed" this! [:p]
[signature]

Hey Ralph nice going, did you catch them on the rod I cut for you, if so. how did they work ??
[signature]
Oh man Chuck, those rods you customized for me are absolutely fantastic. I have one more for you to customize for me. Those shortened rods were sooo nice to fish with. Not so short that they felt missing something but short enough to reduce fatigue. And, it's nice to see the tip up a little closer. I was woried that I may have made a mistake by having you make them for me. But after a very short time using them, I REALLY like them ... a lot! Thanks Chuck. You are one good rod builder. I have at least one more coming your way for modification.
[signature]