Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge weekend trip W/ Great Pics
4 of us went up to the Gorge for 3 days and had an awesome trip. I have a bunch of great pics and I hope this works because I have never loaded this many picts at one time but TD always does so here goes. This is what I love to see on this site is cool picts and cool stories. I will try to do more posts with pics with stories in the future.

Left thursday at 4ish in the afternoon. Stayed at my buddies place in Manila.

Started out red hot on Friday morning and had our limit of Kokes by 9:45 in the morning. Went to play with some macks and we boated around 8 - 10 let the bigger ones we caught back, which was a total of 3 for the weekend. Started on the Jim Beam and the Fireball Whiskey before noon. Had a great time taking pics and cleaning fish and a good nap back in town. Nap needed from being tired or to much fireball.

Up early on Saturday and headed to a different part of the lake. Kokes were a bit more tough this day. Could not keep those buggers on to the net. Tosssed a couple back and lost a bunch and kept 5. Then we went and played for Macks, HOLY SH**. Mack attack was on fire. We fished Mack for 4 hours and between 4 of us we caught around 40. Let some go and did our part and kept a limit. On our way out we found 3 billion spawning rainbows. Ok, probally 50-100. Had a Blast catching those and let all of them go. Oh by the way, I did wait until just afternoon to get into more Jim Beam and Fire Ball. Had another blast taking picts and cleaning fish back at the cabin. Cooked a bunch of fish. Ate like kings. Great Saturday.

Sunday was a bit slow for Kokes. We had 4 in the livewell in 9 minutes and then they Vanished. I think we managed to have 6-7 in the boat. Then we went to look for some Macks again. Managed I believe 2 and then we were off the water at noon strait up. There was not any Fireball or Jim Beam harmed on this day.

Also, I had very high hope of going bourbot hunting and due alchohol consumption that did not happen. And yes we had a DD.

I hope your enjoy my post. I was on an invite by a buddy, his boat and his truck and his place. So the deal I told him is that I would Post on here was I would not talk about the way we caught the fish or where we caught them. I realy want to go back again so I am going to be true to my word. I will say we did everything legal. Lots of people were catching fish up there so if you are a Gorge fisherman your will do just fine.

Cheers,

Sotally Tober
[signature]
Good job on the fishing. I was thinking of going up there but went to willard instead. I have found that fireball will always kick your ass, but it tastes so good.
[signature]
I don't want to be a [#400080]deleted[/#400080], but unless you ate or gave away your first limits of kokes, to keep any more would be over the limit, or poaching. Also, there is not a bounty on lake trout, just a limit. You don't have to keep 8 each. I didn't make the rules, I just reading them. If you are within the law, then I apologize. But the law is fish in possession, not limits per day.....let the onslaught begin !!!!!
[signature]
Sotally Tober,

Very nice post. I'm like you where I like to hear a good story but love to see the pics. Thanks for sharing. I've heard of reports that the lake hasn't turned on yet but it sure looks like it was hot for you guys. Or you guys made it hot[Smile].

Thanks again
[signature]
Great post, can't wait to get up there.
[signature]
ate a ton and the neighbor wanted a few fresh fillets too. I guess you missed the part that said everything was done legally. we brought home our limit on Kokes and Macks and not a fillet more. selective reading or reading comprehension. good work.
[signature]
My bad, we have had a lot of guys on this and other forums not understanding the possession rule. One of our guys got caught and lost his fish. But anyway, nice post. The gorge is my favorite place to fish, and I hope to get there soon.
[signature]
No Problem.
[signature]
Great Job T!!!

[fishin][fishin]
[signature]
Dang I REALLY need to get up there and learn to fish that lake. I've never really been up there. May have to pay for one of the GOOD guides people on here talk about to learn to fish the lake. Hopefully this will be the year.
[signature]
Great job on the gorge. Looks like you had an epic trip! I gotta get up there again. Nice looking macks! I hope to get up there in the next few months.
[signature]