Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anybody do Utah lake
Want to try the outlet channel sunday.Can I walk on it?
[signature]
well my one son is afraid to go on the ice at scfofield so i was going to them them to AFBH for some white bass if i have the time after wards i'll swing by there and check it out for you and let you know
[signature]
Thanks Aquaman.
[signature]
don't thank me yet have no info for you before i could get out the door this morning i started throwing up so i went back to bed now i have high fever stomach ache and body pain think the flu got me hopelly i feel better for the upcoming class sorry about that james wish i could have helped you out
[signature]
Thats ok. hope you feel better.

had a friend come in today. He walked out on it, his boy walked out in a different area and put a leg through.

I think I will try another area, maybe mud creek or current creek.
[signature]
I drove by the Provo Boat Harbor this afternoon. There is unsafe ice in the marina and along the dikes. There was some open water on the point on the north jetty. Two men were fishing there, and one was doing well with the the white bass. I helped a guy change his heavy line on his spinning reel and put on 6 pound test. I take my rod the past two weeks down there and catch nothing, but a few mud cats on one trip. This trip I leave my poles at home, and the fish are biting!
[signature]
Checked out utah lake today . Fished Lindon off the boat docks . All I caught were small White bass but seen some nice one caught by others . Seen bluegill and carp caught too . Also went to check out Pelican bay marina . Some ice but not safe . Stopped by the pumps and talked with some duck hunters and they said the river channel had 4" of ice . I should of went out but was by myself . Was looking for other anglers around in case I fell in . Also Stopped by American Fork Harbor . No one fishing but seen tracks going out on ice and some holes punched . Didn't check ice for thickness at AFH .
[signature]
Stopped by the pumps/outlet at Utah Lake today (Sat) from 4-5pm on the way home from Scofield (thats another post). There was two inches of ice. Not the best ice, but adequate. We fished for about an hour and didn't catch anything. Another fisherman was walking out as we were walking in. He said he hadn't caught anything either. The ice was there, but the fish just weren't.
[signature]
okay, been to utah lake. The pumps were definitely "safe" ice 2"-3" on Thanksgiving after our earlybird Turkey dinner. You could jump on it and it wouldn't even crack. No whitebass whatsoever, no nibbles, nothing!!! Lincoln was next on list---also nothing. Even the small gills had sunk due to the cold front.
[signature]