Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alexander reservior
can anyone tell me if you can take a boat with a motor on it? and if there are any bass or panfish in there or carp?

Im still looking for a lake that I can fish for bass or panfish thanks and good luck fishing
[signature]
I didn't notice this post on Alexander so I commented on the Blackfoot thread.

Alexander has an excellent carp population, but it is a little thinner on other species. It does have catfish, perch, and smallmouth bass. Probably a few trout in there also. Much of it is shallow. I think they water ski on it quite a bit.

Most of the fishing is done at the inlet (night for cats) and down close to the dam, except for the carp which are all over the place.
[signature]
hey thanks a lot for all the information I think we might try that on our next fishing trip sounds like some fishing for me and some carp shooting for my friend thanks and good luck fishing
[signature]
onieda is also LOADED with carp, plenty of them to slay there
[signature]
hey thanks we fished and he slayed a lot of carp there last weekend it was a lot of fun. but were looking for a new fishing carp slaying adventure[cool]

thanks again and good luck fishing
[signature]
oh i see, another avenue you might want to try is the Bear river below Onieda, like way below the res, below the hot springs and everything. I fish there for them on the fly rod and there are always a ton in the slower holes.
[signature]
hey thanks a lot for the information we love to have a bunch of options when we go on a road trip [fishin]
[signature]
no worries. if you do fish the river below the hot springs/bridge, it is private. the folks that own that stretch have their ranch right there. I always ask to access the river from their land and they have always said yes and thanks for asking, good bunch of people.
[signature]
thanks for the heads up on the private property. I like to make sure we have an OK sure you can fish here to before we go. it sure is nice when people let you use their property lots of times theres some good fishing spot there thanks
[signature]