Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90lb+ Yellowtail at Guadalupe Island

Wow! Huge Fish!

Now that's a world record class yellowtail. I hear a long-range boat's deckhand hooked and caught it! I'll bet all the paying passengers were thrilled and excited. Wonder if he was in the Jackpot too?! ha ha ha

I understand some boats allow crew fishing and others don't and even advertise so. There is a lot to learn from a deckhand as long as he's not on duty when doing it! I've seen plenty of deck's hook fish just to hand them off too.

JapanRon
[signature]
when i was a dechhand i might throw out a line if it was slow and like you said hand the pole off or give the fish away i did most of my fishing on my days off i remember being on one boat or another for over two months straight every day because fishing was so good

thats when i was a deckhand on the MATT WALSH is this boat still around
[signature]
the matt is still around! infact, they are one of the best half-day boats around, IMO. they do their fish counts very thoroughly, they CATCH fish, and they have a good crew.

the matt walsh got 13 seabass yesterday. they were fishing rocky point. some boat from redondo got yellowtail too. you know where all the boats will be today![Wink]

joe
[signature]
i fish too when there aren't many people or the bite is slow.

joe
[signature]
I fish, what do you think pinheads are used for??? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! the Yellowtail was caught on some guys rod after he couldn't get bit and the deckhand said, here let me see it for a second and hung the fish in a matter of seconds. the rod was a quickly wrapped rod that Mark at Performance wrapped in which he said it only took a few minutes to do so![Wink]

Joe, Don't you still want to go to the Loop?? Only 10 more months before prime time Guadalupe, 5 day trip! [cool]

aaron
[signature]
ya ya i know... i have to see how it goes. we'll see.

i hurt my thumb really bad so typing is now a challenge.[Smile]

joe
[signature]
I told you not to stick your thumb up your nose[Smile].

hahaha

Aaron
[signature]
haha....sometimes the temtations are just to much to handle. haha.

joe
[signature]
Is this all you do is look on the internet with your thumb shoved in your ear [Wink]...?

Aaron
[signature]
up my *nose* is what he was going to say... right aaron!?!?![Tongue]

joe
[signature]
No, in your mouth !, LOL

Aaron
[signature]
haha loser![Wink][laugh][laugh]

joe
[signature]

OK guys,

Be nice !!!!! and.......... 'Don't be hatin' ! ha ha ha
Who's workin' this weekend. I saw the Monte Carlo out on the shoe yesterday! Oh ya! the Sport King was there too!

JapanRon
[signature]