Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 Hole Boils Monday 7/8/13
All I can say is wow! Hubby and I went out at sunrise and had no luck with black bass, but later in the day, around noonish, we got into some huge boils! We quit because our cooler was full and we were hot and tired!

Brought home 37 stripers that were all between 1-2 pounds each. They were chasing the tiniest baitfish - about the length of your thumbnail. We caught all of them on 3/8 oz silver Kastmaster lures. They didn't want our anchovies for some reason, but were going wild for our Kastmasters.

One of those days that keeps us going to the lake, and keeps our friends happy (we love to share our catch.)

Only 1 problem, couldn't raise our motor up when we went in....trim problems again. This was our second trip out after getting the same problem fixed in June. Back to BSP.

Great fishing everyone!

Linda
[signature]
That was supposed to be "back to BPS."
[signature]
That sounds like the same bait they are chasing up north also, we had them all over the floor of my boat after an hour or so. Look like baby gizzard shad
[signature]
We did too, all over the place. When we were leaving I looked down and had one stuck on my leg. They were really tiny!
[signature]
[bobsurprised]

Wow,it seems early for such reports of great boils, but it does have me excited. I am going to head out this evening to see if its all true. Hope to give a great report of lots of top water action tomorrow. Also nice video, I am always to impatient with fishing to get such good video of great boils on lake mead.
[signature]
It does seem early, and we were pleasantly surprised. But, you have to remember the extreme temps we had early...might be why the action is also early. Hope you get lots of action!
[signature]