Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Fishing 7/14/2013
I did a little fun fishing yesterday afternoon with a good friend and my son. We targeting large mouth bass in a large pond close by the house. End result, I caught 11 bass with the largest around 3 pounds. Neighbor also caught 11 bass with the largest being around 2 pounds, and my son caught 5 with the largest in the 1 pound area. 27 bass total, 2.5 hours, not a bad day at all.

Water clarity: Good
Water temp: 80's
Rig: Rubber worm rigged naked

We actually started a little early, around 530 pm. It was still hot, and the fishing was kind of slow. About 630 the clouds set in and it started to cool off. The fish started feeding and it was nonstop. I started out with a bright red 4.5" worm, and ended up with dark green with metal flakes. In between I caught a large portion of my fish with a black and scarlet colored 4.5" power bait worm. All worms rigged naked, as in just a hook tied on and the worm rigged weedless. We were casting the worm out, and intermittently twitching and reeling. Many hits on the way down. Left them biting. I lost more fish than I landed, so nothing out of the ordinary there. Hope to add some pic's later on.
[signature]