Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to forum
hello guys, my name is Brendan, I am 14 years old, and I am from Michigan. I love to fish. I have been fishing for carp euro style for awhile and view carp as a catch and release fish, and a sport fish. I am a pro staffer for a company called World Classic Baits. if you dont know what to use to fish for carp, they specialize in carp baits. me and my brother Austin go around the U.S and fish in carp tournament. we have been in Chicago, texas, new York, so far. And the good thing about World Classic Baits is that they actually work, and I am very confident in their products. here is the proof .
[signature]
Welcome to the site MI_Carper, I'm going to move your post to our MI board, hopefully some of the local guys will welcome you there.
WH2
[signature]
welcome to the Michigan forum,

14 years dose get you a little experience on targeting carp.

I have targeted them for many a moon, with out a doubt carp are a lot of fun. nothing like holding back on to a freight train.

I am happy to hear you are doing well on your events. Keep up the good work. be sure to let us know how you fair this summer.

If you are here to advertise your product, I suggest you contact the advertisement department at the bottom of our page.

Keep your hook in the water and hold your rod tip up.
[signature]
That's why I lile carp fishing is cause they fight so hard, and can get very big.
[signature]
I don't like to toot my own horn, .....

the hell I don't. [:p]

I landed me a 42 pounder a few years back that took second place for Michigan state record for that year of master anglers.

be sure to enter your catches to the master angler program so you can get in on the fun and be come a legendary Michigan angler.[:p]
[signature]
That must have been awesome getting that 42lb.

I don't really care that much about master angler awards cause probably evey time I go out fish I get a master angler award fish award. I don't really care so much about them

Here is one I got today that would have been a master angler award carp
[signature]
That is a dandy for sure, Keep up the great work.[Image: bobwink.gif]

the master angler program is a two-fer, yes it dose provide personal recognition with out giving personal information, It also proves that there are anglers currently active in targeting certain species on specific public fishing waters.

This helps the DNR to understand where to put their limited efforts in preserving both species and public waters...

so to participate in the program is really helping your self and those who come after you in preserving this great tradition, sport and life style.

the program is free with the exception of taking a photo with a tape measurement, have a witness, and a stamp to mail in the entry. you can down load the application from the dnr web page.
[signature]
I wanna try to get into carp fishing ive done musky pike and bass, but i really wanna focus on the bigger boys now any tips now that the cold front has hit us?
[signature]
start with a reel with more line capacity, Reels that are rated for 20-30 pound test line will work just fine, Load a spool with 12-15 lb test line. Why? "Just for Fun" and yes you will get more bites. why the larger spool capacity? Carp are line freight trains when they run, you need enough good line for them to make their run. they will do several and the bigger the more runs they will make before they tire out.

ok, I have caught them on smaller reels with 15 pound test line, ;but why damage a good gill or bass reel needlessly.

they will hit corn, worms, dough ball and yes even flies on a fly rod if you are really adventurous.
thank you [Smile] im looking for the big boys ive hooked one once on a worm only bout five pound but fought like the devil
[signature]