Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gurglers!
Got out this morning at deer creek. Had a blast catching small bass on mostly gurglers till my arm was tired even had a few doubles and some sunfish!! I love fishing top water!

[Image: null_zpsfdbcf80e.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsc0c35120.jpg]

[Image: null_zps9191cd09.jpg]

[Image: null_zps6dc27d75.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsc9dca069.jpg]

[Image: null_zps97d3384b.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like a ball! Ever try the sponge spiders? There's some cool little flyrod poppers called "Bettes Poppers" that are fun also. Pretty sure Fish Tech has some. Looks like the "gurglers" work great though.
[signature]
Sweet man. I was thinking of heading up there some time this week maybe. Just need to get some fishing done.

Good job love the bassy pictures [cool]
[signature]
Givin that GCT a work out! I love the Gartside Gurgler and Softhackles. They are my go tos even for Carp.
Work great on Trout too
[Image: 002_zps68a19fb7.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks again for the leaders they make changing tippits alot easier[Smile]and seem to roll over greatly!!
[signature]
Nice catch you got there. Something just makes the fishing more fun when an aerial display is involved.

I have tried top water popper flies a couple of times seeking BIG Largemouth Bass. I got a couple takes, but no hook sets.[frown]

I think the 5wt rod, leader, tippet, and my hook setting skills were all to blame on that one. Now that I have a stiffer 8wt, a furled leader, and a better idea on how to set that hook, I may just have to give it a try again.
[signature]
What flies did you fish with for a dropper?
[signature]
Buggers hellgrammites nymphs but most the takes we're on the top
[signature]