Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Yuba Piker's wanna give some pointers?
My dad and I have never even tried but we want to catch a big one. Any pointers any1 wants to give out? I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think you use lures/swim baits usually right? Any particularly good ones? They are also close to the bank aren't they? Not sure about their feeding habits but I'm assuming the fishing is best for them in the early morning and late evening right?
[signature]
Hurry and do it before the licenses get more expensive. No sense buying a couple a hundred dollars worth of tackle and another chunk of change for gas just to catch a fish.
[signature]
You should check my last post in that thread cause if my math is right, hardly any money is going towards fish stocking which is what I'm sure most people care the most about. Cute Joke tho.
[signature]
do a simple search on this site. must be over a hundred yuba posts on what to throw and how to fish for them.
[signature]
Since when does a price increase for a license only apply to fish stocking? The last time I looked there were about a million other expenses involved in managing our fisheries and the bozos who use them. Buildings, vehicles, salaries, fuel, utilities, etc.... Call us again when you've moved out of your parents' basement, raised a family, paid for health insurance, paid deductibles, paid a mortgage, bought Christmas presents for your kids, etc, etc, etc. Then your complaint about $8 a year might be worth listening to.
[signature]
I know for a fact from my math that they don't need more than $3 million extra dollars like we came up with. While we're at it, lets make it so gas is cheaper for a select few and make the majority pay over double what the select few has to pay. Uhh and just so you know, 19 year olds don't have a career yet so its a bigger deal to them. Hahaha and Okay I'll message you in a couple years. of course i'm still going to be fishing but if you make a bill about it and it negatively effects me then I'm going to argue about it.
[signature]
Your math doesn't define their needs anymore than my math could begin to define your needs. For most of us, fishing is recreation, and therefore a want or a luxury. If it's too expensive for you, then you'll have to decide what to do.

What's the mileage from your house to Yuba? 80 miles, give or take a few? 160 round trip? 20 MPG in your vehicle? 8 gallons of gas? Gas was averaging $2.12 a gallon in 2003 when the DWR last raised the price of a license. That same 8 gallons of gas to get to Yuba and back will cost you $3.65 a gallon now. That's $1.53 more a gallon. Times 8 gallons equals $12.24 more for your one trip to Yuba now versus 2003. Your one trip is 150% of the increase, and they have to make how many trips a year? Get over it, and grow up.
[signature]
Its not a big deal to me and I just turned 20. Instead of arguing about it on here send an email to the DWR, your congressman or the governor instead. If its no big deal to you to pay $8 more bucks then shut it and deal with it. Your just dragging this out and making invalid or just plain out stupid remarks.

P.S. You might as well write the Chevron or Texaco as well.
[signature]
[quote TroutMan93]Its not a big deal to me and I just turned 20. Instead of arguing about it on here send an email to the DWR, your congressman or the governor instead. If its no big deal to you to pay $8 more bucks then shut it and deal with it. Your just dragging this out and making invalid or just plain out stupid remarks.

P.S. You might as well write the Chevron or Texaco as well.[/quote]

Restoring my faith in your generation. Well done.
[signature]

Wow!!! A guy asks for some help at Yuba to catch a pike and this is what he gets!!!
are you kidding me, things that make you go Hmmmmm.

go to painted rocks and go straight across the lake from the boat ramp. stay casting distance away from the shore and work that whole bank line up north and cast green/white spinnerbaits 1/2oz. with silver tandem blade setup. use a steel leader or it will get taken, and have a few of them because they will tare them up. a few weeks ago I lost 2 spinnerbaits and 3 more were tore up and 2 jointed rapalas gone.
good luck
[signature]
FishingLunitic I will say no to your request. Go and figure them out for yourself. It really is not that hard.

[quote utwalleye]
Wow!!! A guy asks for some help at Yuba to catch a pike and this is what he gets!!!
are you kidding me, things that make you go Hmmmmm.
[/quote]

His attitude on here got him those responses. Well deserved too in my opinion. I am actually surprised that the guy who knows everything about everything even needed to ask us.
[signature]
Bring it on! Not like anyone helped me before. Hahaha and funny comment about the attitude. There was no attitude issue there was me expressing my opinion differing from the majority. Lol and haha this is a totally seperate topic with no relation to the other thread. Could have pursued me in the other thread rather than this 1. In before the end of the summer when I will have posted Pike pictures. OH and when some1 asks, it was on powerbait.

Oh and thanks for the help utwalleye.
[signature]
Well said sir!
[signature]
Not that you had much to offer anyhow!!![Tongue]
[signature]

Hmmm I didn't know any of this, that's why I really don't post anymore, because some one will always have something to say about something. anyway it's all cool.
later.
[signature]
fish any of shores try using any thing with orange and gold west bench has been hot 3 to 5 feet of water
[signature]
I was there yesterday and we slaughtered them with pink marabou jigs bounced on the bottom in 20-30 feet. Don't listen to what everyone is saying about steel leaders -- dude, they're steel, the fish can see them. I promise you, you won't catch anything with a giant piano wire hanging off your jig. 10lb flourocarbon is more than enough; that stuff is strooooong.

If pink isn't working, then blue is your next best bet.

Good luck bro!
[signature]
If you want to use wire I suggest you go to this website captharrys.com and buy the lightest wire they have its what I use and the pike cant see it but you have to learn how to tie it which is not hard. I haven't fished Yuba since early June so I cant help you out much but start early shallow as it gets hotter move deeper hope this helps.
[signature]
you guys talking about yuba pike being leader shy is cracking me up, although I think one was in jest.... You could attach your jig or lure to a piece of thick rope and the pike would still hit it at yuba... maybe in ultra clear water and big elusive pike might be a bit leader shy but not at yuba... but please use some sort of leader whether it's really heavy pound mono or fluoro or 12-20 lb steel leader,, no sense in wasting your money and wasting a fish.
[signature]
I don't think it is a matter of being leader shy as much as it is a matter of being a leader chomper.... sharp teeth. [Smile][Smile]
[signature]