Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger Trout
My daughter and I have been making trips up there (Utah) now for several years during the summer months. Southern half anyways. Panguitch, Kolob, Minersville, etc. Both of us really want to catch a Tiger. Never seen one in person and another to check off on the list. Catch/take a picture and release scenerio. Panguitch is suppose to have them but so far after 3 or so trips up there no luck... (2011/2012/2013 June trips)

With that being said can someone point me in the direction of where to plan our next outing to Utah that would elevate the chances of us catching one on a fly in the southern end of the state? I'm not looking for a 1000 mile round trip excursion, at least this year anyways.

A PM is certainly fine.

No tube, she is blonde and I wouldn't put her in one [Wink]

I do have hip waders for her so a shallow water low current area/excursion would be fine. Again she is blonde so would need to be something/place blonde proof. lol

I prefer to use the boat. We haven't fished much w/o it since we got it almost 2 years ago.

Thanks a head of time,
Tom
[signature]
A member here, LOAH, is the southern Utah tiger trout master. You might have to bribe him for some good spots though.
[signature]
Bribes ready!
[signature]
Check out boulder mt.
[signature]
There are tiger trout in Kents Lake up the Beaver canyon. Just watch out for the bears.
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Thank you. We have one more tentative camping trip to Utah planned for mid/late Aug sometime. Before school starts anyways. Still deciding where to maximize the fun, etc.
[signature]