Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 7/28
I played cameraman for the night on this trip - My buddy Bryan was blessed by the big bass in the sky with these toads. Biggest weighed in just under 20 lb--what a night!

Also, get a good look at pic number 3, the 6 lb trophy trout floating dead in the water--I couldn't believe it, proof that there are monster rainbows amix with the striper
[signature]
Hell of a day out there!

I wonder if that trout died naturally, or if it was a hatchery brooder fish that didn't survive the stress of being released.
[signature]
Very nice fish man! congrats
I caught a 7 lb rainbow from a small cove around mm 46 about 8 years ago. It was the biggest bow of my life and a hell of a fight on an ultra light...
[signature]
Does the hatchery release brood stock periodically into the river? Otherwise I don't think any would survive the stripers for the several years it takes to get from 12 inch to too big to be eaten. Browns might though. People catch them in Powell regularly. I have been in the upper river many times in low water periods and never seen a single trout. Not even one whereas at lees ferry there are thousands easily seen. Just lots of suckers and carp.
[signature]
Good to see someone is catching them out there. I've been skunked the last couple times out at willow.
[signature]