Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bartlett Lake Sunday 8/3
Well I'm going to be taking my Brother-In-Law fishing on Sunday. He hasn't been fishing for a decade so it should be interesting.

We're going to be heading to Bartlett somewhere's around Rattlesnake Cove. If anyone spots us in my Bass Hunter stop by and give a shout. I'll follow up with a report and pictures.

Tight Lines!
[signature]
I dig your icon. Who painted it or where did you get it? I've never seen it and its pretty cool.
[signature]
Thanks man! I was trolling Google looking for pics and came across it on this site:

http://fisher.ge/index.php?showtopic=953&st=20&p=45472&

And since it seems we're the only two in AZ who fish, when we gonna go somewhere Jaybird?
[signature]
I might be going down to the salt river this Friday. Unfortnately life isn't allowing much time to fish. Dang kids are to hard to keep up with Wink plus I drew a Kaibab deer tag this year so most of my free time is gonna be spent scouting. I'll definately post if I go fishing. Your welcome to come along it will just be me and a few guys from work. Hopefully we can get some catfish.
[signature]
I'm a stay-at-home Dad so I can pretty much only get out on the weekends or if the wife isn't on duty during the week. Maybe we can get something together another time. Good luck on the Salt and don't forget the stinkbait and 'chovies.
[signature]
Oh plan change. Bartlett for some night fishing Saturday then Willow Springs on Sunday for some trouts and sunfish. Maybe I'll get lucky and tie into some smallies.
[signature]
Sounds like a great weekend of fishing to me. Good luck I hope you slay em. Thanks for the link. There are some cool pictures on there. When I get some free time I'll have to get a hold of you an meet you up at Bartlett some time. I've been wanting to go but I just need to do it.
[signature]
Hey fellas! Good luck on your fishing trips this weekend I'm jealous of you both. Keep in mind you're not the only ones fishing az haha. I may be limited on my fishing trips this year but I'm still getting out occasionally. I will be getting up to show low in the next month or two for some walleye fishing and hitting my secret smallmouth heaven. Ill post reports from any trip I take. I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys do this weekend.
[signature]
Jr, hadn't seen you in a bit bud. Figured you pretty much just melted when you moved down to the Valley.
[signature]
And just like fishing, nothing is ever guaranteed. My brother-in-law had to bail on me for tomorrow so I'm canceling my trip out. Don't want to roll solo.

I got a hot tip from Manny about a place not far from me that gets very little pressure. I'm thinking of heading down that way for a little scouting trip instead.

I do wish Bartlett wasn't an hour and a half for me, would love to hit it tonight for a few hours.
[signature]
There's no doubt I'm melting down here. Anything over 90 degrees is just miserable. I'm lookin forward to winter though. I hear the trout fishing in the urban lakes can be fun. I hate urban fishing but catching a bunch of trout will make me feel like I'm back in the mountains again.

Do you fish for those monster flatheads a Bartlett at all? I love fishing for cats at night but I ways sit the bank and usually just fish for channels. One of these nights I want to plan on targeting those big flatheads.
[signature]
Ya know I've never fished for flatheads. I don't have any heavy duty tackle for them, but doesn't say I wouldn't mind trying. Flatheads get huge!
[signature]
Well I went on my scouting trip this morning. Good news is that I found the general area I was looking for. Bad news is that I think I know less after my trip than before.[pirate]

I need to print out some Google Earth maps next time. No GPS there at all.
[signature]
You know I've got a great way to scout out all sorts of new spots. What's better than scouting from a helicopter?! Once I get just a little further along in my training ill be able to rent the helicopters by the hour and scout the lakes. I already scout urban lakes that I fly over out in chandler. You can actually see the fish from the air when they're close to the shore line.
[signature]
Oh see now you're just showing off.
[signature]