Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bionic Minnow
Has anybody tried the bionic minnow? If so can you give any tips?
[signature]
Do you have any pics? I need to see the color and presentation of the lure to give the best tips. See if you can find a picture of it on a website and just copy and past it into another post. That will ensure you that you can get several good pointers on it from our vast bank of knowledge on this site.[Smile]
[signature]
its gonna be hard to find pics.Its in reality a quick change system. It has 4 heads in these colors. [url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BPOP-SS&Category_Code=BMHP"][Image: 3BPOP-SS.jpg][/url][url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BPOP-CT&Category_Code=BMHP"][Image: 3BPOP-CT.jpg][/url][url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BDIV-SS&Category_Code=BMHD"][Image: 3BDIV-SS.jpg][/url][url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BDIV-CT&Category_Code=BMHD"][Image: 3BDIV-CT.jpg][/url]You can add any soft plastic to these. These are the colors it came with in these bodies.[url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BIO-3-CT&Category_Code=BMB3"][Image: 3BIO-3-CT.jpg][/url][url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BF-2-GD&Category_Code=BMBF2"][Image: 3BF-2-GD.jpg][/url][url "http://www.renoskylures.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RLI&Product_Code=BCT-3-RT&Category_Code=BMBCT3"][Image: 3BCT-3-RT.jpg][/url]
[signature]
Now we're talking. Those look like they are primarily bass lures. They can be used in fresh and salt water if you chose. They would proably be best presented like a vertical jigging method as well as drop shot. You can even hook them up Carolina rigged.

I can't tell if there is any weight to them or if they are hollow. If they do have weight then vertical jigging should be best. If they are hollow then you can hook them up for dropshotting.

The color variations appear to be those of baitfish so they should work well on Largemouth Bass as well as Small Mouth Bass up in the northern territories.

If you are into ocean fishing, then I would sub the squiggly for a nice piece of squid or calamari to rack up some scores on Calicos. Thanks for the pics and sharing with us.

Those things are supposed to be the new revolution of modern fishing. I would have to test them myself before making any solid recommendations.

I hope that this will be of help to you.

Happy Fishing
[signature]

Hey there skydemon,

Whoa...... I'm a Calico Bass (saltwater) angler who loves to use plastics (fishing kelp beds and and rocky dropoffs). What I see here is potential.... If I can put those wiggly heads on my AA's, Big Hammers, Fish Traps, and even altered whams/blams. I just may have a Spring killer of an innovation. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Don't say a single word to so. cal. anglers (only joking).

Thank you for the neat idea. I'm gonna put super glue on the cork screw to make sure I don't lose my plastic on the first bite. Additionally, better yet, a trap/stinger rig might be the ticket to keep the rubber to the road..... er .... water.

JapanRon
[signature]
hey guys, looks like they,d be good fer our deep bass fishin from shore too. put a slidin sinker on em and let em stay afoot off bottom. bet i,d do good. later[Smile]
[signature]
From the look of the heads, I'd say that these are designed as interchangeable soft-bodies crankbaits. As tubeN2 said, it's hard to tell how much weight is really on those from the pictures. Great concept though! Wire screw-on design to hold the soft bodies on. I'm guessing these are either boyant or suspending.

They'd definitely be good for bass around here. I can easily see some Northern's in this area attacking them also.
[signature]
G'day SK.

What fish do you typically target or want to target, fresh or salt?

Let us know and that way we can also comment about colors that work best with different species as well.
[signature]
well bud, they to me also look like they,d be good fer my brook trout, browns and rainbows in my brook. and even up to the pond. i go to. especially that frog one. at my big brook anyways. i think them browns would go good fer it. don,t ya figure?>?[Smile][Wink] don,t know why they wouldn,t .
[signature]
I betcha the browns and brookies would love them. I have to go to far to get browns and brookies from my house. I think it's time to move or something.
[signature]
haha you can come up and share this 18- 25 below with me if ya want to. hha better have your longlegged underwear with ya. hahahaah i,m sick of it already. ahaha i don,t know what i,d do i couldnt fish my trout. haha there so much fun. and skill to catch em. haha there snarter than any fish i ever fished. one crack of the stick on the bank and their gone. haha later[Smile][Wink]and gooodddd eatin! [Wink]
[signature]
Heh, I don't think he could handle winters here in the upper states. Then again, I grew up in the desert and I'm handlin' it just fine. Guess it takes a few dead brain cells to make someone wanna live up in these here parts. Beautiful winter is. But I ain't really been fishin' for trout. I did catch one rainbow in a local lake that's stocked a couple times a year. Wasn't paying attention. I was tryin' to get my girlfriend's kid's line untangles when my bobber went under. If it weren't for him, I probly woulda lost the fish. He hollered louder than a cat when it's tail is stepped on!

Now as far as them long-undies go... I finally bought some after 5 1/2 years up here. Might need them for ice-fishing.

But just like you, I can't wait 'til everything thaws and we can splash around in the lakes and streams (or in my case, the upper Mississippi) again.
[signature]
there ain,t no trout in the missipi,?? i figured there was. it,s just i use to love gittin out in the cold weather, and doin it all. it,s just now i,m hurtin body wise and the cold adds to it.then i git cabin fever cause i,m not one to stay in. haha ya know. but i go and wear my long legged underwear haha then my huntin shirt gortex brithches then the wools over that, fer layerin. haha and have my rubber rain coat and britches fer windproofin haha i look like mrs santa claus by the time i,m done haha. i LIKE SUMMER LATELY. I LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MOVE~!AHHA oh well march will be here soon. i hope but i seen the times when march is the worst too. it makes it worst cause ya figure its gonna git spring. haha well 20 below today. i,m stayin in and playin on my computer today. i guess. as fer as the fishin i guess i,m pretty lucky. we got it all. but my trouts the best. i go acroos my raod and i got the little natives, got to my big brook down below and i got browns rainbow and my native brookies. go to the ponds and got everythin. haha love it. well have fun let me know what ya git ice fishin. i might try to go couple times this year. have fun. later[Smile]are you in vermont?? or missippi?? cause you said upper states?? was wonderin, well that up just over haha?
[signature]
Nope. The Mississippi isn't designated as holding trout. Odd. You'd think that since most bodies of water are fed, or feed, the Mississippi then there would be some. Maybe it's cuz of the carp population that there aren't any.
[signature]
are you in missippi?? or where, well, there,s pike, bass, walleye, and those muskies, we have in the connecticut river, which are a cross betwixt a pike and walleye i believe, can,t member but i think thats right, which they ALL EAT TROOUT! darn em. not just the carp. so that,s probably another reason then,. most anythin will feed on em. horn pout won,t, well what you call the cat fish, or suckers, we knwo that, cause there bottom feeders, and the trout only love good clean cold deep waters too. they won,t live in anyother. theres trout in some areas of the connecticut, and run hte brooks in the spring to spawn, but it,s like i said in those areas where they can hide, and i believe if they like the brook they,ll stay there too. i had to laugh one spring fishin. there was still ice on the brook in the hole i was fishin one year and snow on the grounds good that 2nd week of april, and i was fishin. he come out the hole all silver i put him in the freezer and took him out to eat him and he,d turned ack to his original colors of the rainbow. haha temperature change betwixt the brook and the freezer. temp. haha different type of freezin haha later[Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I'm in Minnesota. Most of our waters aren't clean enough for trout but there are a few that are. If you're looking for some nice Walleye, Pike, Musky, and Smallmouth fishin', you should come out here.
[signature]
that sounds fun! hey guess what, my patches james came from minnesota!! that was my big boy, my quarter horse pinto cross. what a good big boy! gentle as a kitten,. the best. he would of took me deer huntin! he,d smell a deer and he,d stop. in his tracks haha just lookin at me wonderin why i didn,t git off and shoot the deer. haha sonetimes i,d just know there was a deer around cause he,d smell it, and stop. and i,d know why after that. haha [Sad] i use to take my fish pole with him and the tent and go. haha had fun. had him 12 years and died of old age in my arms. it ripped a hole in my heart and soul, as big as the grand canyon. ya know?? when jack retires we hope to go everywhere fishin and hutnin. haha someday huh?? haha just pray so. maybe we will git thee. on the bike! later[Smile][Wink] don,t the connecticut run down to ya somewhere there??
[signature]
hey bud, you used them bionic minners in your rivers?? how,d they do fer ya?? and do they come bigger fer the big ones?? guess i,m sayin different sizes. haha fer different areas> later[Smile][Wink]
[signature]
This ain't my original post. I've never seen a Bionic Minnow other than what's posted here. But I love the look of my Charlie!
[signature]
ok, now should i ask? whats the charlie? hahaha never heard of that one. haha [Wink]is htat the little red fish at the bottom?? haha if it is i do too. haha later[Smile][Wink]
[signature]