Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low water lakes
I have been to many lakes and found that some are at a low point and bigger boats can't launch any more, here is the ones that I have seen..
Post up any that you know of that is getting bad as well for launching..

Echo, Steinaker..
[signature]
Launched at Steinaker yesterday 8/1.... 17' crestliner. The DNR guy said it has been dropping 5' per day but they are trying to keep the sand cleared out and the docks properly positioned.
[signature]
Electric lake- Tuesday July 30th- Water level is right at the bottom of the boat ramp. Only smaller boats can launch now. Watched 2 different boats that couldn't launch. One was a pontoon boat and the other was about a 24' bayliner.
[signature]
Looks like more and more lakes are to that point, we sure need water..
[signature]
[quote bassrods]we sure need water..[/quote]

For once we are in agreement. I sure hope UT has a great winter this year or next spring/summer will be interesting
[signature]
I drive by Echo every day.. It looks to me it drops a foot each day... [:/] Are they planning on draining it completly ? I understand the need for the repairs but Man it going to take yrs to replenish ..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
I just have one question,..,..where in the hell is all the water going this is not a normal year for water we know that,, the levels of the lakes should go down the same as every other year..cant figure it out somethings amiss....guess that's what we get for trusting the inept people who control the water in this state..last one out turn off the lights please.
[signature]
As far as I know none of the lakes even made it to full pool this spring. If you don't start full lakes how can you compare it to other years?

Two months ago is when the water restriction stories started showing up on the news and they are across the state.

Take the time to see just how regulated the waters are in this state and you will see that around here water rights are more precious than gold.

Fact of the matter is that ALL of these water impoundments were made for farmers to water their crops and for cities to drink and water their lawns. I know that it sucks but fishing was not even on their minds when they built them and fish are not on their minds now.

Another thought if this water is being wasted it would all end up in the Great Salt Lake and there would be flooding problems.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Do you think that having over 15, 100* days this Summer has anything to do with it? I think in a normal Summer we have 5, 100* days. But as mentioned, when you start off with less than full pool at all lakes, it can't be a good thing. In Utah we go through these low water years every 10 years or so, it started last year, this is the second year and unless something out of the normal happens, we will have another one next year. It's going to get ugly next year, unless we have a good Winter[:/].
[signature]
Jordanelle only got up to 68% of full this year and others about the same.. So we had lots less to start with..
[signature]
Newton and porcupine are low.
Zman start with low pool, then add less runoff and high water demand because of the high temps and very little rainfall. What do you get? Rapidly decreasing water levels. I think calling those that control water distribution inept is pretty ignorant. I love to fish but all of my family and my inlaws are farmers so I understand how livelihood comes before fishing.
On a lighter note trout are going nuts for hoppers right now.
[signature]
Anyone know how the state park ramp at Starvation is doing? Headed that way this weekend.

Thanks
[signature]
[quote high_n_dry]Anyone know how the state park ramp at Starvation is doing? Headed that way this weekend.

Thanks[/quote]

Let me know, my son wants to hit starvy next week.
[signature]
For once I can agree with both of you guys ha ha ha [laugh]
[signature]
And ya said I was high when I said the snowmobiling sucked and I put them away early. Thank God for the Snake River.
[signature]
I have not seen it for a week or two, but it was still looking good for launching..
[signature]
I just got back from fishing on the Snake and the Beaver Head And the Clark and a couple of others, it was fun and great fishing as well..
[signature]
What is the story at porcupine? Can I still launch a 16'er or is it toon time? I seen last year that "ramp" really flattens and gets sinky mud. Are we to that point already or past it? I'd like to catch a few Kokes before the close, but if its too difficult I'll try Willard instead. Thanks. J
[signature]
I drove past Echo yesterday and noted that the entire south end almost as far as the boat ramp was dry. They had barrels or something across part of the bottom of the ramp. I did see a boat, fishing, though.
[signature]
They closed the main ramp a couple weeks ago at echo. As of last week they were still letting people launch from the old ramp but they were contemplating how long they would be able to do that.
[signature]