Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle perch?
Gonna head to Jordy this afternoon if the wind cooperates to fish the sticks.
Hoping to find a decent school of perch.
Anyone tried lately?
I will be getting home late tonight and I have to throw hay sat morning then I will post up my results.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I hit it a couple of weeks ago...along the shoreline from the quarry toward the dam. There were lots of perch and small bass in shallow water near brush. They are in the areas with cover...chasing the baby perch hatched this year...about 1.5 inches long. Small tube jigs with a bit of worm works well. Add a small piece of perch meat on bigger jigs for bigger perch. Quite a few now over 10 inches. They have been coming back well...but who knows what is going to happen with the dropping water. Might be fishing for dust perch.

Also had reports from other parts of the lake with similar results. If you can find brush near shore you will usually find fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
What TubeDude said, only my schools on the north end, west side. 7' the magic number, tho today couldn't buy one. However, the smallies were going nuts. All sizes from 8-15+. Have had some banner days up at Jordy over the years, but this morning had to be in the top 3. Gave up on perch fillets and went bassin' instead. Seemed like the Jordanelle of old, and fished from only 6:30-10am.
[signature]
Just got home.
Found perch willing to play but biggest was only 8".
Fished for bass the last 20 minutes before it was impossible to see.
Caught one small one and lost two others. I kinda regret fishing for perch the majority of time, shoulda went for more bass.
Nonetheless, an excellent trip and put some more time on my motor.
Good news, I don't have to throw hay in the morning!
Mike, I am going to head for DC in the morning. Any chance you will be there and I will get you your life jacket back?
[signature]
Jordanelle has been good to me this year also. I've got some drop shot baits I want to try but it's so hard to put down the rod that I have so much confidence in.
[signature]
[quote fsh4fun05] Jordanelle has been good to me this year also. [/quote]

Me too. Hearing some folks, you'd think it was terrible now, but I haven't had a slow day up there yet with both numbers and better size than last year.
[signature]
[font "arial"][black][size 2]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]YOU LUCKY DOG. BASED ON MY REPORT BELOW, ONE OF YOUR BEST DECISIONS THIS SUMMER WSAS NOLT GOING TO STARV THIS WKEND.[/font]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Headed up to Starv early Fri morn to pre-fish for Ultimate Bass trmt Sat. Glad we didn't pay-up & enter, as our pre-fishing became no-fishing. Worked our tails off to account for only one sheeter smallie, and not too many little ones. Didn't think the success rate merited entering ($160 each), so we decided to bag the bass trmt & fish for walleye. Didn't take up any worms, but made do with those Berkeley Gulp 1/2 worms. Even had trouble catching two 14" 'eyes, all afternoon, so we went to the cabin, had a steak dinner, thought it over, had a few drinks, thought is over again, and decided to hit Jordanelle on the way home Sat morning. As fortune would have it, my bass club had a partner/fun-fish from 6-1pm, so we got there and entered that. Seven boats and I think we took 3rd or 4th. 10lbs-11oz for our best five. Winning wt was 11-14, 2nd at 11-11. It was a crowded mess getting off the water, and we had to leave, so no official results yet, but I'll get those Tues at the walleye club trmt at Starv. Big Fish at Jordy was a 17"er. A few of those were caught, tho our best topped-out at a decent 15 7/8.[/font]

Tues walleye club trmt at Starv, and hopefully things will change up there, as the view from down here doesn't look too rosy right now.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
That's weird about starvy, when we went the average fish was much better than jordy even with the fish seeming to be a size class up from last year. I got my arse handed to me at jordy last Sunday while everyone else did great, I must be fishing a little different or something
[signature]
Mike, sorry Starv didn't fish for you as well as you hoped but glad you made up for it at Jordanelle.
We fished Strawberry friday and ended up with 4 kokes, all silvers. We caught another 17 bows and cutts but was really hoping for some salmon in the color change phase. Maybe next time.
I went to DC on saturday and the bow action is so good you can't even maintain two poles without causing a mess. We caught 21 bows in less than 2 hours then fished for bass for the next hour ending up with a mix of large and small mouths. No perch, no crappie, and no sunfish. And of course no walleye because DC beats the crap out of me every time I try.
The ramp at DC was a joke. Why is it that as soon as a person hooks on to a ski boat or jet ski trailer their brain turns to mush?
I would actually support a boat operator license if it did nothing more than teach ramp etiquette and safe proximity rules. It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if the State was out writing tickets for those inconsiderate folks who feel that everyone on the lake wants to hear their flavor of music.
[signature]
You have it a bit backwards. Their brains have to be mush before they buy a ski or jet boat.
[signature]