Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit 39/43 Wildfires
I live at the base of the danskins near mtn home, I have been watching the flames of these fires for 3 days now.

Hearing they evacuated Prarie concerns me, not only for the perople's homes that are in danger but where are all the animals gonna run to? Now they are considering evacuating pine... It was just a matter of time before this place went up. I called in 3 fires thursday while I watched the lightning hit. The lightning knocked out my Xbox 360, internet modem, outdoor radio for my deck, motion sensor light and roku box, I think it may have hit my house?

With so much of 39 and now 43 burning where is everyone gonna hunt?
[signature]
my spot in 43 last year was on fire so i used 39 muzzleloader as a back up.
Now with the fire in 39 that will not let access my spot in 43 i dont know what to do. I cannot use 39 this year because it is on fire. I am trying to make a backup plan now incase i cant access my 43 spot. these fires BLOW!
[signature]
Well i am pulling my 43 tag tomorrow.

My new zone will be pioneer zone or snake river zone.

I have hunted area 50 before did way to much steep walking and i barley found elk. i like this hit and miss area but more walking than i want to this year

Snake river is a big area with a bunch of units and different times and seasons.

If anyone wants to give me some vague details on what to expect in pioneer besides 50 or anything in snake river around unit 53 or 63 would be appreciated. We go up a week long hunt in mid September. we like to camp and relax and do mostly hunting but it is a get-a-way from stressers.
Feel free to PM me.

TIA
[signature]