Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Pond, Uinta, Middle Provo, and DC
Went to willow pond and caught many small bass and bluegills. No rainbows.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 003.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 004.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 005.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 007.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 008.JPG"]
I decided to go back to the uinta mountains to try hiking to more new lakes but utah weather put me on a 3 day trip instead of 6 Sadly. You will see.
Fishing in the main lakes were okay with tons of dinky tigers and sometimes a 13 or 14". But on the other hand while hiking around,,, the brookies are just exploding for caddis flies that it's not even funny.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 010.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 011.JPG"]
Tiger trout gave a nice high five to my EHC
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 012.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 013.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 014.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 015.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 016.JPG"]
Pointing to the hiking destination.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 017.JPG"]
More ponds and lakes I've came a cross to get to the make lakes.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 018.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 019.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 020.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 021.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 022.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 027.JPG"]
One of the big lakes that I had to walk around to get to booker lake and divide lake.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 028.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 029.JPG"]
First of many brookies in the lakes.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 030.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 031.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 032.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 034.JPG"]
One of the 2 hail storms.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 035.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 036.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 037.JPG"]
After storm brooky visit.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 039.JPG"]
At wall lake while striping a EHC I had a huge tiger spammed for it a few times but it was so stupid that it thought it can drown my fly then take it so some nice 20"+ went away with an exchange for this small guy in the end. [Image: dumb.gif]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 043.JPG"]
I'm so European that when I stumble by a mushroom while hiking I check if it's a good or bad mushroom. This mushroom is one of the best. I call it mushroom steak soup. It's going to be dried up good to make some of the best mushroom soup that only Europeans can make [:p]. For a fact this is the biggest healthy safe mushroom that I've ever found and biggest my parents ever seen. I struck a great pot of mushroom soup ha ha ha.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 046.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 047.JPG"]
MONDAY NIGHTMARE IN THE UINTA. I was going to hike to Cutthroat lake and a few other lakes located in the area. Hiked up about 1 mile to the first lake and it started to hail like no other. Stayed under a tree for 30 min before running back to the car in slushy snow hail.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 050.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 051.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 052.JPG"]
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 053.JPG"]
Left Monday afternoon from uinta and hit the middle provo. Had big browns and bows follow my woolly buggers but no hooks up so my last resort that day was DC caught 1 dinky bass and had one big guy on a crawdad that got off. Action was dead at night.
[inline "uinta mountain + other pic 8 12 13 054.JPG"]
[signature]
Looks like you traveled a lot of lakes and dispite the fish being small, you still had a little adventure. Really digging the scenery pictures, keep it up.

My step dad and I were already planning on climbing Mt Watson next week. He mentioned getting a fishing license. Was there a fly that was the cream of the crop, or were they hitting just about everything?

Who knows if we are really gonna make it happen. With the Rockport 5 Fire still going I'd imagine the Western Uintas is getting pretty smokey[frown].
[signature]
For me hiking to a new lake away from the crowd is just amazing. Don't care if I only catch small guys. Still nice hiking on new grounds [Smile].

There were not many hatches from the scummy weather I had but most of the time I see damsel fly, ehc, and some tiny white flies in massive groups when I hiked on the back side. The other week was all about ehc before night and even at night the fish were slamming them.
[signature]
Don't take this wrong cause you catch fish, but do you try other flies besides the EHC and the Black Bugger?
[signature]
I have been lol but not much luck on the other flies. When I see tons of flies that are bouncing around or swimming in the water fast I know that's an EHC struggling to swim to shore. [Tongue]
[signature]
No work today[Wink]
[signature]
Quit my jobs because my boss was irresponsible but I got 2 more interview tomorrow. [Wink]

Could of start working at Walmart last week but they wouldn't give me enough hrs so I'm waiting to see what the other jobs will offer. At least I got money in my account to survive another 1-2 months ha ha ha.
[signature]
Awesome pics [Smile] looks like you had a good time I wish I could get out and do that!
[signature]
Ya it tons of fun hiking to new lakes. I just dispise the hail storms. Walking in hail slush for 1 mile is no fun.
[signature]