Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLIES
Not only do they offer some of the best rods, reels, lines, boxes, and hooks and whatever else, but now Justin and Evan offer FLIES and at a great price.

http://www.allenflyfishing.com/flies/

I have not tried them to personally endorse, but these guys are honest as it gets.

No more Sportsman's for me on bulk!
[signature]
I got my email from them today! Do they tie them themselves?
[signature]
I doubt it. They wanted my Furled Leaders, but I can't keep up with the bulk these guys are producing. I will be getting on e of the USA reels though!
[signature]
Joni, you have any thoughts on their fly lines at all? I know it not sharkskin quality, but maybe interested in a 3wt line[Smile]
[signature]
Pa, I got the 4 wt ats floating line with my compass rod and at first it was great but after a few months it really lost its buoyancy. After a year it barely floats at all and it coils up if your casting longer than 20 feet or so. I love allen products but I personally wouldn't buy the line. But for $40 it's not bad for a while
[signature]
Thanks TylerKunz.. I don't use this 3 wt much. Just when I'm in need of some tug therapy at a local pond. Think I will just stick with my Sharkskin and not worry bout it.[Smile] Thanks again.
[signature]
If your using it on occasion I'm sure it would be fine... I just use it alot so I think I just beat the crap out of it!
[signature]
Sorry Pa. I have no experience with their line.
[signature]
Thanks much, as a budding fly fisherman this kind of information is invaluable.
[signature]
[Wink]I ordered some flies from them on the 16th. Mostly just the standard nymphs. But I also ordered a couple dries. Never tied one on so this should be interesting. Also ordered a small fly box. Let yall know what the verdict is.
[signature]