Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tubing Nightmare
[cool][size 2]Hey fellow float tubing fans, what do you fear most when you are out there in your donut dinghy? A leak in your tube...or waders? Losing a fin...or both? Getting trapped in the ice for the winter?[/size]

[size 2]I snagged this link on the California board. When you bring it up, click on the thumbnail pics on the left side. It's a National Geographic page and the pics are awesome.[/size]

[url "http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/11/photogalleries/sharks1/"]http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2003/11/photogalleries/sharks1/[/url]
[signature]
It's the Causey Wesovoir Monstah!!!!![Tongue]

Actually those pics bring back memories of the hostess cup cake commercials where the shark comes from beneath and punches through a flotie and then says "hey, where's the cream filling?" Ha ha.

Pretty cool pics TubeDude.
[signature]
A few months back I saw a special on PBS on that guy. He drags a big seal "decoy" behind the boat and just waits for the sharks to move in. It's pretty cool. He's basically just trolling a big fishing lure. [Smile]
[signature]
How big do the macks get at the Gorge?[unsure] Maybe we shouldn't tube there anymore.

I know one thing, I'll stick to fishing fresh water.

m
[signature]
Those pics are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very cool. Makes me wanna stick to freshwater tubing though![pirate]
[signature]
Wow!! I haven't been worried about sharks from a float tube standpoint (don't own a tube) but have been concerned from a scuba diving standpoint. Those pictures are incredible TD. Can't say it surprizes me though! I've come to expect such awesome posts from you![Wink] Keep em' coming..
[signature]
Actually the worst thing to happen to a floattuber is hunting/archery season... go figure.[laugh][:/]
[signature]
[cool]Sorry to dispute your most astute observation, Paul, but I think the worst thing to happen to any sportsman...hunter or fisherman...is when the marriage license trumps the other license.

Makes a good argument for making marriage licenses annually renewable.

Glad you guys like the pics. I can't take credit for shooting them, but I do like to share the good stuff when I find it.
[signature]