Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What works for trout?
[size 2]I am heading out maybe Sunday for SARL and I have heard of several different Powerbaits and Crave baits that work.[/size]

[size 2] Is there one in particular that you have used that is consistent? Or maybe a jig?[/size]
[signature]
i always use little mini jigs. also commonly called finger jigs. kastmasters and spinners like mepps also work good.

i'd go with the smaller sized mini jigs.

joe
[signature]
[size 2]Thanks Joe. I am sure you can get those at most tackle shops right?[/size]
[signature]
[size 1]If you are going to use powerbait and expect it to float, then I would go with a #16 hook for using with the powerbait plunger or #14 if you plan on making a ball the size of a large gumball.

I have generally use a #16 treble hook with about 1/4 oz split shot anywhere from 12 to 18 inches from the hook. It all depends on where you are fishing and the water temp as well as outside temperature.

If the fish are biting closer the top, then I would go with a #12 treble and normal size ball of powerbait and drop it 18 to 24 inches from a bobber. The bigger hook and smaller size doughball will cause it to sink. [/size]
[signature]
yep... i bet you that EVERY tackle shop has mini jigs in them some where!

joe
[signature]

Hey there releaseit,

I heard from a number of SARLer's that the Crave baits are totally useless BUT...... the Crave Gravey put on other baits like powerbait had a very good reputation.

I caught fish on powerbait and have not caught a single fish with the Crave regular I bought and used simultaniously (two size 24 treble hook setup with 2lb fluorocarbon line). on two different occasions at SARL.

Crave is marketed by SARL so they'll sure want to sell you a bunch of that! yes sirrrrreeee!!! I heard they improved the Crave to some degree.

Good luck there. I think that chris's pond is a sleeper if you know the right combination.

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2] Appreciate it. I heard it might rain Sunday. I hope it doesn't I really want to fish. But being cold and flu season I don't want to be fishing cold and wet![blush][/size]

[size 2] I will still try[Wink][/size]
[signature]
My lures work great for trout. Browns, Rainbow and Brook Trout and other species.
[signature]
[size 2]Well if you live in Southern California you know it rained Sunday so no fishing for me[unsure][/size]

[size 2] I am starting to think I am cursed![crazy] Everytime I get some free time and want to go out fishing either weather sucks or something else pops up![/size]

[size 2] I am going to try again this Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be ok.[/size]
[signature]
HI Releaseit; we use many things to catch trout here in B.C.(our main species). What type of fishing are you planning? What type of fishing do you normaly do?
[signature]
[size 2] Going after trout and catfish. I am ok on catfish but trout always give me issue but I think I have gotten alot of good suggestions and I will try them out Sunday weather permitting.[crazy][/size]

[size 2] I bought some mini-jigs that a friend recommend and I will try some plastics as well.[cool][/size]

[size 2] Thanks for the info though[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool] Hey there releaseit, don't forget the Castmasters and spoons. Those planters love flashy attractions.[cool]
[signature]
[size 2]I got a couple spinners with spoons. Whatever that means![sly][crazy][/size]

[size 2] I went to Rick's Bait and Tackle. Guys been around along time and gives good advise.[/size]
[signature]
try skull[pin and imatations they work very well.
[signature]