Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TopockMarsh / Colorado River
well after having our fill of turkey, nighthawk and I headed out to try the topock marsh area . . .we arrived on friday, set up camp at Camp Moabi, the huge park on the calf side, and went to scout around . . .got up at the crack of dawn and tried catfish paradise first . . nuthin, one tiny bite that was it for 4 hrs . . .tried jigs, spinners, worms, anchovies, stink bait, plastics . . .nuthin. It was very overcast, and not getting warm . .

[Image: t1.jpg]

then we tried 5 mile, nice spot, still nuthin. . lady there said it had been slow for awhile . . after lunch we tried the colorado river . . .could've used a bigger pole and heavier lures there , , no hits, threw a couple shad imitating plugs for an hour . . .finally the sun came out and turned warm . .high 60's low 70's . .

[Image: t2.jpg]

we grabbed our lanterns and headed out to fish at night back at five mile landing . .we finally caught some small cats or bullheads . .

[Image: t6.jpg]

they went back to mommy . . saw a guy with a 9 pounder, nice catfish . .

[Image: t3.jpg]

that night we ate ribeye's and nighthawk's awesome dutch oven cobbler . . yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . .

[Image: t4.jpg]

oh well checked it out, wont be back soon, this marsh is pretty shallow, nothing but flooded stumps and timber . . . a boat would be pretty necessary to fish this area well . .

[Image: t5.jpg]

sm

[Wink]ps great sunset shots though, huh?!
[signature]
[cool]I'm glad you were able to checkout some new area for you, although it was old business for Nighthawk.

I doubt you would have done much better if you had come to the lakes around Phoenix, as originally planned. It was cold and the fishing was slow for everyone who got out.

Looking forward to seeing you during Cactus League and mixing some fishing with baseball. I think you will find the catching better then.
[signature]
Them some mighty perty sunsets...[cool]
[signature]