Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach Bone Yard & Mohave Rumors
FIRST:

My friend Bryan and I fished Willow religiously for some time about a month ago--during that time, I forgot to post about a great little place to stop by and observe while visiting the area: The bone yard.

To the left of the fish cleaning station, which is located directly behind the marina, is a wash which one of the rangers told me has been dubbed the bone yard because all of the 20+ lbers that are laid out to jerkify and be shown of for time and immemorial--today was my first time walking through the bone yard and it was AWESOME. If you're in the area, take a stroll through the area and look at the massive spinal columns and sun-bleached heads of beast striper--a pretty cool homage to the monsters that populate the river.

SECOND:

I've heard a recent rumor that big lmb and smb have moved up into the coves at Mohave. I asked what they were hitting, but no positive answer was given. Rumors are good enough for me to take out the boat and start dissecting coves though Wink Thought I'd let everyone know.
[signature]