Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing with Johnny Johnson
Johnny Johnson has listened to his fans and put a full episode of his show on YouTube. Now if we can get them in HD, cake and eat it too right? I kid! Thanks for the heads up Johnny.
[signature]
And here I thought you were fishing with JJ himself, you had me fooled[Wink]. Have you been out doing any fishing lately?
[signature]
I've been trying! I fished Bartlett Reservoir yesterday morning. Had a good topwater bite on frog poppers till about 9 then the bite died off. I caught a 2.5lb or so LM and a rat dinker. No pics, my phone fell victim to the rain and got soaked. I switched to drop shot with pumpkin roboworms but before I could really work that my boat started acting up. Blew a fuse on my trolling motor which I was unable to replace on the water and my outboard started crapping out. Floated for an hour before I could start it up again and haul ass to the dock.

I did just get home from scouting a set of 'Residents Only' lakes not far from my house. Saw a couple of boils and a BIG smallie cruise the shore. Going to go there tomorrow night on a ninja mission and see if I can catch any.
[signature]
So how did your 'Residents Only' lakes, ninja mission, fishing trip go?
[signature]
So it's monsoon season here. It was raining pretty good, checked the weather radar and saw the the storm moving out pretty quick. Well in the 10 minutes it took me to get to the lake the storm gathered strength and started to pour hard. Not to be deterred I fished anyway. No bites and gave up when I couldn't out cast the wind and flash flood amounts of water volume began to pour into the lake and stain it out.
[signature]
Has the weather cleared up any down there? Have you had a chance to get out for any fishing?
[signature]
So is your fishing season over for the year already? Have you been out fishing at all since your last trip?
[signature]
I hope nobody in Arizona is calling this the end of their fishing season. Things are just starting to heat up. Can't wait to see what the fall will bring!
[signature]
Maybe AFFamily just can't get out fishing but I thought maybe Az had a limited fishing season, in some areas[:/]. Have you been getting out any?
[signature]
Some people would say Arizona had a limited season. They're the ones that don't walk outside if the Phoenix weather gets below 60. Nobody thinks Arizona has ice fishing. That's by far my favorite way to fish for trout in the state and that's usually when I'm most successful catching them.

I have been out to some of the urban lakes around town lately and I have been catching quite a few largemouth. I also just got back from a trip up north to the salt river where we sat and caught catfish all night. Nothing too big but it sure was nice waking up on that shoreline with the sun shining through the deep canyon. I'm hoping to get up north for walleye soon and hopefully some monster browns are in my future also.
[signature]
I've been so tied up with other things I haven't had the opportunity to drop a line. I hope to remedy that quite soon!

There is definitely no 'off' season here in AZ for fishing. Always a species you can target somewhere. Once they start stocking the desert lakes with trout it becomes bass feeding time [laugh]. Big swimbaits result in a lot of folks nabbing their PB's in the fall. As Jr said fishing up in Northern AZ should start getting much better.
[signature]
Good to hear everything is ok. After two post on this thread and you had not replied I figured something was wrong.
I thought Manny Chee was going to be making a few post[:/]? Is the Bass fishing slowing down that much already?
[signature]
Hey AFFamily what part of the valley do you live in? I've been getting out to the urban lakes for bass a lot lately. We should meet up one day and see what we can catch. I might even spill the beans on my super secret smallmouth spot. I didn't make it there this year so I might as well tell you so maybe you can enjoy it next summer.
[signature]
Jr, I'm currently in Goodyear and will be moving to the East Valley somewhere this Spring. We should definitely meet up something and drop a line, weather is great this time of year!

Wiper, Manny has been doing a lot of guide trips lately and I know for sure he's been taking advantage of that fall swimbait bite. Saw the other day he got a client on a PB 7+lb LM, really nice fish!
[signature]