Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Creeks
I love to fish small creeks. Ones with beautiful fish that haven't been stocked in years are my particular favorite. I love to fish the diamond fork but it murks up all two often with all the rain we have. What are some creeks and streams (small) that are about 30 to 40 minutes from the Provo area?
[signature]
Diamond Fork clears pretty quickly. It also fishes very well with just 12-18 inches of visibility. Thistle Creek also clears amazingly fast after storms and is a good back up.
There's always American Fork and Hobble Creek.
[signature]
Covered them all! I would say Nebo Creek as well, don't know how good it is personally but I seen a report not too long ago saying it was good fishing for browns and cutts(???). Again haven't fished it personally but heard its good.
[signature]
Nebo is fine to fish but the fish do run a bit smaller usually. Does clear very fast and a very pretty place to fish.
[signature]
My favorite place in Utah to fish is a small stream that runs into joes valley called seely creek. But where I like to fish it requires some hiking. If you drop into the canyon 2-4 miles above the lake there is some very rewarding fishing for nothing but native fish.90% cutthroat. There are some nice ones to be had on certain stretches. There is one stretch of beaver dams , then down in the ledges where bigger holes are. Be fore warned it is some pretty rugged hiking though. I haven't been there in a few years though due to bad knees (finally had them replaced this year) But if you want a spot with tons of great fishing, and I would be surprized if you see anyone else, this would be the spot . Some of the coolest looking native cutthroats especially around spawning time (July)
[signature]
The Strawberry River below the soldier Creek Dam can be an excellent fishery for brown trout and, I hear, brookies. The dam is about 60 miles from Provo and the road below the dam goes almost to the water. I've had some excellent fishing recently.