Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good spots To start
Hi every one I hope I'm placing this in the right area.. if not I do apologize. Im new to fly fishing Just picked it up this summer and am looking for some places to fish, I live in Slc and have hit all the ponds and am eager to try my luck on a river. I know every one says the provo or weber river but where on these rivers are good spots to fish? If some one could give me a few locations I would be very grateful! Thank you for your replies and happy fishing to all!
[signature]
I fish the Weber a lot between Rockport Res. and Echo Res. in Wanship and Coalville. There are a lot of good access points there with some really nice holes. Good luck!
[signature]
Thank you
[signature]
If you want to slam into some brookies in a river the high provo river up past kamas around mile 15-24 is doing really good at the moment. Water level is down so the brookies are more willing to jump for EHC and ant patters like crazy. If you lucky you might catch a rainbow or grayling but that doesn't happen that often in the high provo river from where I usually fish on.

For the provo river I like to fish from the inlet and up at least 2-3 miles pass the bridge up there. Keep your eyes wide open for rainbow trout spawning season coming soon as well some of them spawn again around February.

If you end up fly fishing for bass in DC its been a blast lately for a small tough. Any crawdad patter from fish tech is the magical ticket right now.
[signature]
Thank you very much! when you say DC are you meaning Like our nations capital? or is there a DC in Utah?
[signature]
Whenever you see or hear dc by a fisher man were refuring it by deer creek reservoir.
[signature]
You can up American Fork canyon and fish the river, as well as Tibble Fork and Silver Lake. The Provo River through the canyon (lower provo) had been fishing really well, but the dropped the levels and the moss has grown up making it a little tougher. Still lots of fish in there! Good luck!
[signature]
Oh ya I forgot about af river. Never had a bad day I the river. Tibble fork reservoir is still good just by the inlet with #8-#12 woolly bugger are the ticket. On the river ants,ehc, scuds, and a new other flies work great. Silver lake isn't the best place for fishing. Head 1.5 mile steep hike to Pittsburg and you can slam the brookies.
[signature]
Silver Lake is good for beginners...full of planters that are easy to convince.
[signature]
Another vote for American Fork river. I learned to fly fish on that river 20 years ago.

Mark
I'd rather fish the river instead of silver lake flats [laugh].
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]I'd rather fish the river instead of silver lake flats [laugh].[/quote]

It's a good place for beginners, such as the gentleman who started this post.

-Rich
[signature]