Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 08-28-13
Fished Willard today with BagABigOne. Launched at the North marina around 7am and fished the Openness most of the morning trolling cranks. We picked up two cats, three eyes and one 21" wiper. The terns were diving and we saw baby shad on the surface in the marina but no boils. The bite stopped around noon so we trolled by the Island, I expected it to be out of the water but not yet. Went over to the old coffer dam it is high and dry. Made a pass through Freeway bay, nothing, so we headed back to the marina a little after 1:30pm. I enjoyed getting out there and fishing with you today Rod, we will have to do it again.
WH2
[signature]
Thanks for taking one for the team guys. I've been wondering what it would be like to fish WB these low water days.
[signature]
Nice report, I guess still ok to float out of the marina. Thanks for the report and good job Rod on the wiper you beat me to get one. Later J
[signature]
Nice job... Keep it up W2H [Smile]
[signature]
Nice. Rod's looking "heppy heppy heppy" there I'd say!

Glad you can still get around the lake - and find a few fish!

So diving terns but no boils? Maybe you need some overcast, or wonder if they're firing up in the evening?
That was definitely a great time. Thanks so much for the tutoring. Will absolutely have to do that again and some other places (the pig, Bear river or Cutler floatilla)
[signature]
"heppy heppy heppy" would be correct. Do you think I should grow a long beard?
[signature]
I had a friend get into a boil and yanked 14...
[signature]