Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake MI King
I had a work trip to Central Lake, MI and the company took us out fishing for King's yesterday. Slow fishing, but had a great time. I caught the only king on the boat, it was just over 34" and weighed 24 lbs. it fought well, made about five or six runs, took almost 20 minutes to get it in.

Hope I can get the pic to attach with my IPad.
[signature]
Awesome fish!
[signature]
Nice catch. That will make one heck of a cookout. 34 inch chinook are 14 pounders in Idaho. The one in my avatar might have gone 24 lbs, but it was around 44" - and I had to let it go [:/]
[signature]
I guesstimated length. Weight was done with a scale. It was in a 30" cooler bowed up both sides of it so it could very well have been longer then 34".
[signature]
What a beast! What did you catch it on?
[signature]
It was caught trolling a plug.
[signature]
Awesome dude! Happy for you, must have been exciting.
[signature]
It was a blast, that fish fought of almost 20 minutes. I've been to AK twice this year. Halibut didn't fight much. Just heavy, the silvers and rock fish were okay fighters. This king was by far the best fighting fish I've ever caught.
[signature]
I used to fish Lake Ontario back in its heyday in the late 80s. You could catch kings like that all the time. I really miss that fishery, battling big chinooks on the lake. Like you said, 20 minute battles on light tackle, pulling gear to go chase fish so they wouldn't spool ya !! The biggest we got was a 36, but the kings there now are not that big, thanks to zebra mussels. Good job on the king.
[signature]