Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Binoculars
Last year I finally got my own rifle after over ten years of borrowing families rifles for deer season. Because of the cost of my rifle I bought a really cheap pair of BSA binoculars. Didnt do any research before I bought them and you cant even see anything through them. When you look through them you instantly go cross-eyed. so I am in the market for a pair of Binos this year. I have decided that my budget is around $150. Give or take a few dollars. Any recommendations? Looking at roof prism something in the 10x42 range
[signature]
Congrats on the rifle and I wish you success this big game season.
I completely understand having a budget as I work and my wife stays at home with our toddlers. I feel guilty for every penny I waste when I know it could do that much more for my wife and kids. With that said I researched some different optics and decided to go with Vortex Diamondback 12x50. They are $279, (I think the 10x42's are about $20 cheaper), but they have an unconditional lifetime warranty and the glass is extremely good for the price. It was a little over my budget, but after crunching numbers I decided to use it as my birthday present as well as the money I saved for Bino's. I am very pleased and will probably not need another set for the rest of my life (as long as I don't lose em LOL).
[signature]
I think Steve just gave you some decent advice. I personally doubt you can get binos worth having for $150, unless you can find something used. Perhaps you could find something on CL or at a yard sale that would get you buy until you can get some good ones. I've got some that I paid $200-250 in a good name brand, Stiener, and they are still junk.
Pm Sent Get A Hold Of Me asap
[signature]
Don't know anything about these binos, but they review out an an average of 4.3 of 5 stars and they are in your price range.

Leupold normally has a pretty good warranty too, but I'm not finding anything on it right now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-C...Page%3D108
I've bought Binoculars and Scopes off of Opticsplanet.com. They usually have pretty good prices and have been good to work with. I have a friend that just bought some Redfield Rebel 10X42 Binocs and loves them. I bought my boys some Barska 10X42 and they seem to be really good Binocs and they were around $90.00 but they have the Bak 4 roof prisms.
[signature]
hey thanks for you input guys. I ended up going with a pair of redfield rebels. Read a lot of great reviews and when I found a pair on sale for $117 I couldnt pass them up. I know they are probably not up to what most of you would call par but they seemed good enough for me. Good construction and 10000 times better than my porro BSA's.
[signature]