Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody else notice this?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 5][/size][/#800000][/font]
[#800000][size 5]On the internet you can be anything you want.[/size][/#800000]
[size 5][#800000]It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.[/#800000][/size]
[size 5][#800000][/#800000][/size]
[size 5][#800000][sly][/#800000][/size]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[#0000FF]You're old enough to remember the old Disney cartoon about Goofy becoming "Mr. Wheeler"...the road rage idiot driver...once he got behind the wheel of a car. I often remember that when I see the persona of some Internet "drivers". Folks who would never say an unkind word to someone face to face become hostile maniacs when they sit behind a keyboard. And their apparent IQ often takes a noticeable dip as they get cyberized.

Furthermore, even if someone is not actually "stupid" in their posts, there are plenty of others who will attack them for being stupid.

As my hero Forrest Gump says: "Stupid is as stupid does."
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yup. The internet is a secret IQ vacuum; it sucks a dozen points out of some folks every time they touch a mouse. (Fortunately, a rare few of us are immune!)

I mean, Al Gore invented it and look what it's done to him.
[signature]
So what is the billed called that was passed by Congress and signed by GHW Bush that provided the funding to make the transition from ARPANET to the present day internet? Such and such High Performance Computing- I can't recall. It's usually just referred to as the Gore Bill for some reason. http://www.internethalloffame.org/inductees/al-gore

Look I don't trust a thing the guy has to say about global warming even if I generally think the science supports global warming. However it looks like you're not immune to the vacuum.
[signature]