Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 fish day on pineview
Headed up to Pineview with Parrotgate this morning to test out a new (new to me) prop. Still got a little motor problem going on so I wasn't able to cover the water I wanted to. However I did catch some fish which is a plus.

We launched around 9 am to calm seas. No wind and very little boat action. Around the docks I decided to play with the bluegill that were hanging around and caught two of them. We got out to where it was about 29 feet and started to get bleeps on the sonar. I dropped a line and pulled up a nice crappie. Then continued out toward the narrows area and then dropped my line again and caught a yellow perch. Left just as the wind was starting. Now to get some repairs done and try it again.

[inline "DSCN1867 - 400.jpg"]

[inline "DSCN1868 - 400.jpg"]

[inline "DSCN1869 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Spin or fly?
[signature]
I took my 8 wt with me hoping to get some bass or something bigger but not takers so I used my ultralight spinning rig and a small chartreuse jig tipped with a worm. If I had my little 4 wt rod it would have been good to use on the bluegills.
[signature]
Looks like close to the same size ive caught during spring/ beginning of summer. For sure I'm excited for crappie and perch tacos next year [Smile] and hope for some big slabs of crappie on a fly rod again [laugh].
[signature]