Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 9/9/13
[cool]My fishing buddy Dale(sealfish) came out to fish willow in the tube.We went out at gray light and worked the hatchery area then moved upriver on the Nevada side. Nothing there so we went to the Arizona side. After trying a Tomic lure, Iswiched to a bomber long A and first cast Slam fish on! He fought hard on the 15lb setup and after a few nice runs he hit the net at 7lbs 7oz. Dale unfortunately didn't score. He's not thru and will be back. Also saw some bighorns by the cleaner. Nice day on the river.
[signature]
Fun trip! I've been not so lucky at willow beach.. I'm heading out there early Saturday morning to try again. How does the current treat you out there going up river? Are the wakes from bigger boats an issue for you at all?
[signature]
[cool]If you get there early there is very little current. We got there before gray light and were in the main channel with very little current. It is best to stay on the east side of the river while kicking upriver. As far as wakes, they are a non issue. We just bob with the wake til it is over. I always have wakes from the big rafts that they motor upriver and have had no problems. Keep trying and you will connect.
[signature]
I am tired of getting spanked at Willow! But love fishing that area. That fish looked to be a great little fight from the tube. When you come my way in November we will see if we can't do a little better than 8lbs.[Wink].

Some great pictures and thanks again to you and the wife, had a great time as usual!
[signature]
Forgot to mention. Mr. Okuma/Savage picked up 8 fish over that weekend, the 2 guys he had in the boat were striper newb's. Now I really feel like I need a new hobby!
[signature]
[cool]No problem dude. Always fun when you show up. I hope to spank them again this November at Silverwood. We will see whats up after hunting.
[signature]