Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowley Lake Fall Rainbows! Video
I was up to Crowley lake the first week of September... sorry for the late report, been working a lot. Got myself a 16 foot fishing boat with 75hp on it and had to try it out before winter settles in the eastern Sierra. Headed up to Crowley Lake for three days of fishing and it was fantastic. The weather was great besides the afternoon wind and the fish were biting great. I'm not a fly fisherman so I was trying to midge fish with a spinning rod and small float and got tons of hits, but it was so hard to hook up. Didn't actually manage landing many that way. So started fish Berkley Flicker Shads and these things were working amazing. There were periods of day where I was getting hit every or every other cast. Most of the fish ranged from 10-18 inches in length. None over 18 inches so didn't end up keeping any but that is just fine, didn't get to have my BBQ. Well I have more footage with more action but for now here is a late morning fishing with my wife and daughter out on Crowley lake hooking up with a bunch. If you haven't been before or fish cranks for rainbows this video is for you as I share some tips out on the water.
[signature]