Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek/Strawberry OTF
Not giving away locations or flies, just a little trout candy from the past few trips
[Image: IMG_1043_zpsda4e6965.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1041_zps582ee5ae.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1039_zpsf48f8623.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1035_zps5657bda1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1034_zpsdbd44f66.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1027_zpsa09c08b4.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0997_zpsf55058a1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0983_zps00cd23ed.jpg]

There have been Unbelievable days and there have been great days.....that is why I keep going back[Wink]
[signature]
I have to agree after yesterday...Woohoo!!![Smile]
[signature]
Oooh nice, all these picture of fish make me want to go cast a fly... Wonder if they'd let me bring my fly rod into work. j/k hehehe
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Oooh nice, all these picture of fish make me want to go cast a fly... Wonder if they'd let me bring my fly rod into work. j/k hehehe[/quote]

I think that would depend upon where you work.
[signature]
Well fed piggys! Congratulations on some nice catches. Looks like you had fun!
[signature]
Stuffy office cube environment, though id love to try to hook some of my coworkers in the head [pirate]
[signature]
Looks like a blast! Any slot busters?
[signature]
A few. The majority are Rainbows and they do put a bend in a rod.
[signature]
Nice trout. If I get stuck in a traffic jam on the way up there this weekend I guess that means everyone else thought so too.
[signature]
Me too. Some days is good some aren't.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]Nice trout. If I get stuck in a traffic jam on the way up there this weekend I guess that means everyone else thought so too.[/quote]

Thats why I go during the week.[cool]
[signature]
I agree there, no weekends if I can help it, but have seen some pretty busy days there lately, must be all the publicity here on the forum.
[signature]
Well, you know me, I love a crowd[Wink]
That lake has it's busy times, and why not. It is HUGE. Plus with this summer being long and hot and it being close and cool that could have a lot to do with it.

The good part about this is everyone is staying away for the weekends and going during the week...WOHOO I will stick with the weekends[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I think you are right, a lot are thinking weekdays , staying away from the weekends . One of the few times I fished on the weekend there, I had a Sunday evening without another soul where I was at, suited me just fine. [Smile]
[signature]
Sunday evening is great, everyone has gone home and get ready for that four letter word (work). However, Sunday afternoons, plan on getting behind a trailer or motorhome or even that first time boat hauler....[mad]
Lake isn't the problem in my book, that single lane all the way down the canyon is.
[signature]
Only ones left on Sunday night are us old retired folk [Smile] When camping for the weekend we go on thursday ,and leave on monday. No traffic problems, but I sure do remember the days.

Speaking of Strawberry it has been over a week , looks like Sunday for me, have to go with a friend that still has to work, so we may get some quiet time on the lake [Smile]
[signature]
Fished it last Sat. from 9 to 5. By 2:00, everyone had left and we were only ones on the water (maybe the wind had something to do with it). Fishing got hot around 3. Some folks started showing up around 5:30 for the evening shift, but most of the afternoon it was just us and a few people on shore.
[signature]
That's what we are talking about. Home work Saturday.... We have been hitting it every Saturday for quite a while, it will be a nice change...LOL Plus let some snow melt.
We aren't retired...YET, but the Fri to Tues has been our thing.
[signature]
Very popular fishery and this may be one of the more popular times of year as well.
[signature]