Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le Sigh
With ice fishing season coming up I had a thought. I miss Utah! Badly! *Sniffle*. Have fun this year guys and gals!
[signature]
Wered you move too if you don't mind me asking .... I too at one point was hooked by ice fishing now I might make it out once a year.
[signature]
Arizona
[signature]
Do I see the makings of a winter vacation in the making?
[signature]
Ablino you have me dreaming of Kokanee at Causey and slot busters at Strawberry! If the itch gets bad enough I just might come up there this winter.

Are there companies that rent ice fishing gear? I sold my tent, auger, tackle, and all that jazz before we moved.
[signature]
I don't know anyone who rents but they might be out there. There is a rental place near me called south Davis rental. Give them a call and see. Couldn't hurt. If not give me a call and I'll take you out. I don't have a tent but I do have an auger. My son has been begging me to take him out.
[signature]
Could always hit some mountain lake in Arizona for trout. A basic ice rod, reel and ice spud or cheap hand auger shouldn't set you back for than $50-80. It's AZ no reason to invest much for occasional ice fishing. That's all I do here in Utah as I'm not hard core into ice fishing. And you can peel off the extra clothes before you get home and be thankful you don't have to clear a driveway of snow.[laugh]
[signature]
There are very few lakes here in AZ that get solid enough ice that I'd put my 250lb's of Irish ugly on. Of those that do get enough hard deck even fewer have access during the winter (Navajo Reservation closes them or you need an snow machine), and the ones you can get to the fishing isn't so great and it will be dinker slimers [Sad]

I do admit I don't miss shoveling snow, but it might be a fair trade for when it's 115 here with 40% humidity in late August.....Bleh!
[signature]
If you get up this way you can borrow one of my tents and augers.I might even want to tag along. It might be nice to send someone else out to test the ice instead of me for once. I'm in the 235 range. Seriously though I would be happy to lend you what I have.
[signature]