Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameless plug
I just tried out an awesome product called the hot logic mini. Those of you that know me know that I work in an environment without the ability to hear up foods for lunch. I can now say I can enjoy a hot meal any where. If someone is looking for a way to keep food warm, this is it. Just thought I would share.
[signature]
Interesting. Kind of like a small slow cooker in its own insulated box.

Nice that you found something that works for your situation.
[signature]
It is a slow cooker in a different package..runs off electricity...Dang, I was hopping for no plug in. How much power does it soak, can you use it with one of those plug in adapters and a car battery?
[signature]
Yes, it will take most containers as long as it has a flat bottom.
[signature]
I don't know how much it soaks up but it says in the instructions to plug into a 110-120 vac outlet.
[signature]
I have something a little similar that both heats and cools with a car adapter. What I have uses about a quarter of the watts per hour so won't heat nearly as fast. I'd be real careful running it off a car unless the car is running. Heating elements will drain a car battery real quick. Your car inverter will probable work but once I tried to power a plug in coffee maker and mine didn't supply enough watts to do it. Had to start the dang generator just for coffee that trip.
[signature]
I bet the coffee maker didn't work, they do suck power, that why I bought the Coleman stove top drip coffee make. Works killer.
I once had an Ice chest of sorts that did this. Flip switch one way and it would keep food warm (not cook) flip the other and it was a refrigerator.
This is more a cooker, but not see real advantage to it over a regular Crock pot yet.
They do make propane Crock pots, now that has my interest[Wink]

Just wondering how much juice this thing takes.

Thanks for posting Albino
[signature]
I saw 50 watts per hour when I looked at it.
I also use propane and other coffee makers for off grid. Just renting a RV we where hoping to use the plug in coffee maker supplied without cranking on the generator.
You can always go redneck. Just wrap your food in aluminum and secure it next to the engine while you drive[laugh].
[signature]
I am looking at the warming plate inside. The back says 60 hz 45 w. Hope this helps. Here's another pic.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]I saw 50 watts per hour when I looked at it.
I also use propane and other coffee makers for off grid. Just renting a RV we where hoping to use the plug in coffee maker supplied without cranking on the generator.
You can always go redneck. Just wrap your food in aluminum and secure it next to the engine while you drive[laugh].[/quote]

That there is what I'm talking about[Wink] A little petro for ambiance. [Smile]
[signature]
Looked at their site and it is like a little oven. You put TV dinners right in there. Good find.
[signature]
Yeah I tried it out with a bowl of canned stew then tried a frozen dinner of Mac and cheese. Worked beautifully both times.
[signature]
Cool! Where I have electricity, I have a Micro Wave...LOL I was looking at this more as a remote thing, that's why I wondered about running it off a car adapter. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Right now I have the Metal cup and the butane burner. Great for hot soup or coffee on those cooler fishing trips.
[signature]
What's nice about this is you can put the food item in it then go fishing then come back to a hot meal ready to go. I would think it would work off of an inverter of some sort. I can see it working for long drives as well.
[signature]
Next to the engine is "Old School" Redneck.. The more up to date redneck uses solar! I have been known to park my truck facing the sun, set up my solar window shades, and then slide a can of soup or foil wrapped lunch in between the window and the sun shade. By lunch time it is piping hot! [laugh] [laugh] [cool]

I too was wondering on the watts. Thanks AlbinoTrout for looking it up. I always "boondock" or camp where there is no power. At 45-50 watts usage, my 100 W solar panel should easily cope with battery drain. It looks like a possible alternative to cooking after I get in tired.
[signature]
If I remember my conversions correctly, to find amps it is watts divided by the volts. (50/120=.4) So this is about .4 amps. Which is a very small drain on a deep cycle battery. Even considering that you would have to add a little more to that because of inverter use, it could be very do able appliance in a camper.
[signature]
My outdoor meal-fixing needs are fully met with either an MRE or a mess kit with an alcohol burner - or both.

Today's MREs are great. Really. And to make additional hot drinks or such, it's hard to beat a milsurp stove.
[signature]
That is what I am thinking with no electricity.
[signature]
Just a comment on the math. The vehicle system is 12 volts so, 50 / 12 = 4.166 amps. A 200 amp / hour rated battery would be capable of running for 200 amp/hr. / 4.166 amp = 48 hr.
[signature]
Thanks, Geezer. That is where I wasn't sure, but I figured that it was 50watts at 120 volts which was the .4 amps. When using an inverter I didn't know whether to go with 12v or 120v.

AlbinoTrout, about how long does it take to heat something like a soup?

Thanks
[signature]