Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp in Lake Mead
I live in Utah but I got relatives in Henderson and I fly fish. I hear about the carp in Lake Mead and wondered if you can (Fly) fish for them pretty easily? They fight really hard especially on a fly rod and they are quite a challenge. So I was wondering if you can easily fish for them or if anyone had fished for them.
[signature]
not rite now you cant... its closed!!!
im sure they will bite a fly man... I know they love corn!!!
good luck
[signature]
yeah the carp in Lake Mead are very people friendly and don't spook as easy as in other places imo... and I think its cause people feed them at the marina and there is so much traffic on the lake they tend to less spooky, I can get them to come in literally within a few inches of water with the lure of a can of corn. I have never tried fly fishing for them but would like to one day. there was one guy on here who fly fished for them in local ponds, I believe his user name on here was telbone. but I haven't seen him in some time.[fishon]

but as stated above... the lake is closed until our government gets their heads out their bungholes.[pirate]
[signature]
Can you fish the marina?
[signature]
Nope... the cops will really frown on that... hahaha
[signature]
Unfortunately no. But that would be super easy to get them to take a fly right there though. but yeah u'll have to bring them close to you from shore whenever they decide to re-open the lake.[fishon]
[signature]
What if I parked my boat out there and cast to the fish or are there other places where you can fish for them and see them?
[signature]
I don't know if u could get a fly close enough to them from outside the tire barricade

but carp are in pretty much every cove on the lake, your best bet would probly be to toss a couple cans of corn out in a shallow cove and back your boat out wait for about 15-30 mins and creep your boat in close enough to see them and go after them.[fishon]
[signature]
Is the water relatively clear?
[signature]
Gin clear in most places... and some places u can see fish 40 feet deep.[fishon]
[signature]
Awesome thanks
[signature]