Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Iowa
Hey, everybody! My name is Dan and I'm from Iowa. I grew up on fishing for crappie and bullhead. I still enjoy for crappie and bullhead. I like to fish for anything that bites, but it's the crappie, bullhead, catfish, and walleye that I'll put on the stringer for eats-I catch/release just about anything else. [fishin]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Dan, what is your favorite go to bait/lure for crappie? We have freshwater fishing boards and even an Iowa board, if your interested.
WH2
[signature]
I've been having quite a bit of luck with minnows for crappie lately. I also like using tube jigs, sometimes with a wax worm. [fishin]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Dan!!! Glad to have you here. Looks like you have quite a few species you like to fish for. [cool]
[signature]
We can't use live minnows here in Utah but I've found that Berkly power minnows work good. In the winter we use meal or wax worms with good success.
[signature]
I like to use dead eight inch trout, when the water is up. They are turning the canals off here on Friday, hope they put some down the snake. You ready Curt? Things are different out west.
[signature]
LOL, you use 8" trout for crappie bait[Wink].
I'm hunting the next two weekends for sure, maybe the next three if I don't get a deer. So you think the water level in the snake river will come up pretty quick when they shut off the canals?
[signature]