Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAN NICOLAS ISLAND, HOW DO I FISH IT?!
I along with dhtubinchris are going to go and fish it for our first and last time (well at least for the season), What do I need for gear and lead and jigs and I need info on what to do and what is there!

PLEASE HELP!!

Aaron G
[signature]

Hey there dh_tubinaaron,

Gotta know where you're goin' buddy! Nicolas has a bunch of spots where you can do shallow water rockfish fishing. They have a awesome variety of rockfish and bass. Lots of rocky bottoms. Calico bass are huge!!!!

Are ya gonna be fishing with squid? Take your 15lb outfits and lots and lots of 3/4oz leadhead 5/0 hooks. You may go to a place called the boilers or bull city and that is about a mile north of the island.

Oh Ya, two things. Leave those little sea otters alone. If you happen to catch a sponge which the island is famous for let me know how the fight was OK!

JapanRon
[signature]
well, our trip got canceled because we needed 3 more people for us to be able to go![mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][mad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad][Sad]

So until next year.. Sea Otters?!!

**** ************* **** suckers **** them!

Hahha

aaron G
[signature]

Hey there dh_tubinaaron,

Bummer dude! Don't blow the money on something else.... save it for fishing! How many were going? Did you ask if everyone could chip in XXX to make up the numbers. Lite loads are the ticket anyway!

JapanRon
[signature]
No, I didn't besides swells in the Upper teens didn't seem worth it, neither did the 30kt wind.

Whats this about sea otters at Nicolas?!

if all goes well, Im at irvine lake tomorrow morning

Aaron G
[signature]
i rember a 2 day trip to san nicolas about 20 years ago talk about a blast we fished if i remember right a rock called beg rock i have never seen before or again 6 and 7# white fish boil in the chum line along with 5# johnny bass if you could get below them you could pull out some nice reds
[signature]

Hey dh_tubinaaron,

Years ago the sea otters of San Nicholas Island made some very good investments and were able to influence the law makers in Sacramento. Hence, sea otters now have vast estates throughout the island and have gotten the state to protect them and even send them on all-expense paid vacations.

Now, don't you wish you were a cute little sea otter breaking yummy shell fish on your tummy with your favorite rock!!

Good luck tomorrow! No grumpy sportcoats for you!

JapanRon
[signature]