Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone fish havasu lately?
ok does my Colorado river stamp cover havasu?
how bout launching my boat? decontamination?
I need to fish im starting to twitch and itch... im having withdrawls!!!
HELP!!!!!!
[signature]
I was looking into a trip down there someday. As near as I can tell from the little bit of digging I did. It will cost ya. AZ license along with a AZ/CA stamp. So nothing you have now is useful. I believe AZ re-did their licensing structure this year and made it a ton easier but no person experience on that. Not sure about a AZ AIS sticker or not. That wasn't out the last time I looked into a AZ trip. Dunno about cleaning the boat either. Same water as here but not sure how that one works out.
[signature]
Cool man thanks. I'm gonna keep researching and keep ya updated.
I've heard that there are sum nice bass in there and I need tight lines man bad!!!
[signature]
I was up there in July. It was awesome. Hot as hell (actually quite a bit hotter than it was here), but I'm sure the weather is getting much nicer, and the fishing down there is probably blowing up.

You will need an AZ license with a CA stamp, like Wolf mentioned. 5 day licenses are the norm, and I think it was somewhere around 30 or 40 bucks for the package. The other option is to get a 4 month license. Its just a couple extra bucks, so if you plan on going two or three times, it's totally worth it. You can but a license at any of the tackle shops down there, so no need to worry about buying it online before you go.

The AIS sticker is a NV thing, so don't worry about that just yet.

There is no decontamination required, I launched with no issues.

Beach camping gets relatively expensive. I was getting charged $40 a day - $20 daily to park my truck and $20 for a primitive, boat only campsite each day. At those prices, next time I go I'm getting a hotel near the lake. To each their own...

As far as the fishing is concerned, Lake Havasu is worth the drive.

The largemouth and smallmouth bass fishery is doing great, with good numbers and lots of fish in the 3-5 pound class.
Redear Sunfish and bluegill are plentiful, and the redears commonly surpass 3 pounds.
Catfishing can be awesome. 10+ pound channels and flatheads were the norm for Erawk and I in July.

I guess there are stripers in there too, but I never caught any. Wasn't really targeting them much.

Good luck, let us know how you do.
[signature]
Rite on man thanks for the info. I'm thinkin this wknd or next for sure. Any suggestion of where to launch and where abouts to start chucking baits???
[signature]
I really like the south end of the lake. Fishing can be tough around the London Bridge area because there is so much boat traffic, but the rest of the lake is all good.
[signature]
Haven't fished Havasu in about a year. However best license deal used to be a non resident license with CA river stamp. Check on Arizona Fish and Game website. Used to be able to buy a license online also. In person you can buy at WalMart or KMart

For camping...you can dry camp free just north of the city limits going towards the I 40 but that means a drive everyday. I've stayed at the Windsor Inn...they used to have a fisherman friendly policy and discount; parking where you could charge your boat batteries. All that may have changed. Best to inquire by phone before booking. Rates were under $40.

Free launch at Site Six. That puts you just south of the London Bridge and around some good areas. However a long run to the river. If you are going there you need to check water levels anyway since many sandbars lay in wait for your prop at the entrance.

Camping on the CA side( Indian reservation) you pay a fee. You can park overnight free at Site Six. Local info at Bass Tackle Master Shop (928) 854-2277). They may be able to advise about tournament schedules. Havasu gets a lot of tournaments in fall and winter
[signature]
I shouldn't tell you this, but Topock Marsh could be good right now or you may have missed the best window. Also launching at Park Moabi and running the river (Needles Gorge) could be good right now in the backwaters....depends on the water temps. better have sonar and GPS and cheap prop to run the river.
[signature]