Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCSC Friday
If the weather holds heading up to the Clark County Shooting Complex tomorrow AM... Can't fish so I might as well do something else. Figured I would toss that out in case anyone else was thinking about doing some shooting. I need to do some sighting in and some messing around with rifle ballistic performance at different ranges.

If it is raining or much more than a itsy bit of a breeze I am not going.
[signature]
I heard talk on the news about Clark county thinking of closing that place because they may think its just a waste of money. [pirate]

but who knows, the news is wrong a lot and try and make things out to be bigger than they really are just for a story.

but if they do it won't really affect me any, I usually go out in the desert and blast some bottles and cans.

if they do close it its just another way our politicians think they know whats best for us sportsmen.

here's the story
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/23652302/r...of-dollars
[signature]
That would be a shame. It is a extremely nice place. The rifle/pistol was filling up as I was leaving at 11am. Looks like at least half of the RV spots are filled (I think there is a trap tournament this weekend).

I like to hit the boonies now and then too. But when I want to sight in at specific ranges, etc you can't beat CCSC. Tables are great, 5 bucks to rent a spotting scope, targets are great, employees are awesome, 25-200 yard target place holders, shaded tables, etc, etc. Very nice place. Plus there is only one stop sign between it and my house so a simple drive [Smile]
[signature]
I went there once with Sil240sxrdwd (James) and it was great. Super nice place, clean, well designed, huge. We had a good time.

That's where I learned I suck at skeet shooting. I'll stick to fishing for now.
[signature]
You were killing it with that 18 inch barrel though! Such a good spread! lol
[signature]