Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing for Walleye in the rain
Was up in Canada this past First week of October and did some fishing! The weather turned bad for a few days so we put a tarp over the aluminum boat to try to catch some fish. They were responding to a very slowly fished jig and night crawler or minnow. Had some fun under the tarp.
[signature]
Nice, thanks for posting your video. A couple of questions. I'm having a tough time with the fall eye bite and maybe you can help. You might have said on the video but I missed it, how fast were you moving? What was the water temp? Our water temp here is in the mid 50's but the water is murky.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice, thanks for posting your video. A couple of questions. I'm having a tough time with the fall eye bite and maybe you can help. You might have said on the video but I missed it, how fast were you moving? What was the water temp? Our water temp here is in the mid 50's but the water is murky.[/quote]

In this video fishing in the rain we weren't moving at all we were anchored. The water temp was probably in the 50's or colder, but not certain since did not measure it. If the water is really murky you may be in the midst of the turnover which is not a great time to fish. Usually in a week before and after turnover is when things can really be hot. But fish are usually still holding on some of the most key structures in the lake. You just have to move till you find them since fall fish are generally spread out or concentrating really heavy on key areas. So use some trolling so locate them or drop and jig off rocky points, underwater drops, mid lake humps and so on.
[signature]